DVDVR Message Board

The 2021 WWE Forever Purge - Part 3 of ?

Gonzo

Lorcan is way more valuable than Burch. Prior to signing with WWE, Biff Busick was regarded with the likes of Thatcher and Gulak on the indy scene. I don't think he'd be more than a sparsely-used low-carder in AEW, but he's exactly the kind of guy Impact and the bigger indies should be ready to make offers for.

In fact, Busick vs. Christian for the Impact title sounds pretty damn good. That could be one of those "other promotion's belt gets defended on Dynamite" kind of special attraction matches.

Edited by Go2Sleep
  • Like 2

I always thought Gulak would have been perfect as Bob Backlund 2020.

Just a crazy heel, who thinks he's an ultra face, stretching people and choking them out.

I was really excited when he was working with AmDrag & I'd be all for him having a spell in AEW to help even the numbers against The Elite.

Long term though I think he's better off in NWA or, funny enough, back in WWE if they get their shit together.

Edited by L_W_P

On 9/8/2021 at 8:53 PM, RIPPA said:

A bunch of the NXT releases start being able to work again shortly

Fandango - going by the name Dirty Dango - was announced for an indie show (which I already spaced which promotion) and Bronson Reed (back to using the name Jonah Rock) tweeted that he becomes a FA tomorrow.

To continue on with this - Mercedes Martinez just announced some indies dates (and that isn't even beginning to mention the folks who have worked ROH/AEW over the last few days)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It all begins again

Senior Vice President, Creative Services Stan Stanski, exited the company today. He worked for WWE for 15 years. PWInsider goes into more detail and lists more about him. 

Edited by D.Z

On 9/12/2021 at 5:25 AM, Go2Sleep said:

Lorcan is way more valuable than Burch. Prior to signing with WWE, Biff Busick was regarded with the likes of Thatcher and Gulak on the indy scene. I don't think he'd be more than a sparsely-used low-carder in AEW, but he's exactly the kind of guy Impact and the bigger indies should be ready to make offers for.

In fact, Busick vs. Christian for the Impact title sounds pretty damn good. That could be one of those "other promotion's belt gets defended on Dynamite" kind of special attraction matches.

Aaaaand he's gone

During the investor call Nick Khan said to expect more NXT folks to get brought up to Raw and SDL since NXT has gone with the youth movement 

You are seeing the folks who didn’t fit what they were looking for 

2 minutes ago, just drew said:

Gran Metalik just tweeted "free" so I'm guessing he makes a clean sweep for Lucha House Party.

That one isnt surprising since Metalik had asked for his release so you have to assume anyone who has done so recently will be caught up in this one