DVDVR Message Board

The 2021 WWE Forever Purge - Part 3 of ?

Gonzo

The WWE is forgetting how they won the Monday night war. They received talent from WCW that were pissed off and were motivated to stick it to them. WWE is sending people into the wild with something to prove. Not saying that AEW will overtake the WWE, but they're releasing talent and filling them with terrible resolve.

• Like 3

Is there a logical reason why they are cutting so much talent? I understand spring cleaning/summer cleaning whatever you want to call it, but I think we can all agree this past month or two has been arguably the most egregious list of releases I have ever seen. And just when you think it's done, they keep going and going. No damn way this is ALL for cost cutting measures.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

Weren’t Tyler Rust and Alex Zayne just signed?  Jesus.

Yes, but they went straight to 205Dead. Which is career murder. Look how long Antony Greene/ August Grey lasted.

• Like 1

I hope a lot of those people understand they have a big chunk of their careers in front of them and they're fully capable of making it back to the top of the mountain (whatever "top of the mountain" means in the future). 

• Like 2

I'm thinking Vince went down to NXT... saw what he really had... took what he liked and told his people to dump the rest. 

Seriously. Does Bronson Reed look like a WWE guy? Not in the slightest. Does Mercedes Martinez look like a WWE Womens Headliner? Again... no. She doesn't fit Vince's mold. She'd be Tamina Snuka without the lineage. 

We all know Vince has a "look". The Dexter Lumis types is what you will be getting. Vince is taking back control and reinforcing what his ideals are for a WWE performer. 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Krone Meltzer said:

Is there a logical reason why they are cutting so much talent? I understand spring cleaning/summer cleaning whatever you want to call it, but I think we can all agree this past month or two has been arguably the most egregious list of releases I have ever seen. And just when you think it's done, they keep going and going. No damn way this is ALL for cost cutting measures.

31 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Shitty cutting people as Smackdown goes out and with the amount of money WWE has with the deals made by Nick Khan including Saudi Arabia blood money.

"PWInsider.com is told this is the complete list of talents released and no other releases were given this evening.

As Dave Scherer and I discussed on the We Don't Need No Name Show this week, there has been lots of talk internally of major changes for the NXT brand including a new logo, new lighting, a focus on younger talents and a different format to the TV shows. This housecleaning tonight appears to be part of those changes."

Some people think WWE just wants to go down to around 200 or even around 100 wrestlers. They had 300 plus.  Other reasons are moving away from having too many small Indy guys and saving more money.

11 minutes ago, Krone Meltzer said:

The logical reason is that for awhile they were signing anyone and everyone. At the same time people werent getting fired. The result was a bloated roster which seemed to exist to keep talents away from the competition and give a whole bunch of unused wrestlers a paycheck.  Because of crummy talent development there are less than a handful of draws in the entire company making just about everyone except dolph ziggler expendable. 

43 minutes ago, D.Z said:

They could just fill up NXT with pc guys or send bigger brand people down.

....So there can be like one huge, mass collection of firings? Like a bug zapper but instead of insects...wrestlers' livelihoods?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JohnnyJ said:

The logical reason is that for awhile they were signing anyone and everyone. At the same time people werent getting fired. The result was a bloated roster which seemed to exist to keep talents away from the competition and give a whole bunch of unused wrestlers a paycheck.  Because of crummy talent development there are less than a handful of draws in the entire company making just about everyone except dolph ziggler expendable. 

I think it's less crummy talent development and more bad creative and use of that talent once it gets to the main roster.