DVDVR Message Board

Saturday Night Dynamite - 6/26/2021

Dolfan in NYC

I know a guy who was a part of the Britwres Backyard scene ten-fifteen years ago, and so knows a lot of the guys  who came from there. And he has no idea how Pac maintained that physique while under WWE wellness testing, because it's not what he would naturally look like. At one point in his life, his shoulders looked like the sort of shoulders a normal human person would have.

1 minute ago, AxB said:

I know a guy who was a part of the Britwres Backyard scene ten-fifteen years ago, and so knows a lot of the guys  who came from there. And he has no idea how Pac maintained that physique while under WWE wellness testing, because it's not what he would naturally look like. At one point in his life, his shoulders looked like the sort of shoulders a normal human person would have.

Yeah, I have a DVD where PAC is facing gassed up Kid Kash from 2007 and I couldn't believe that was him. Like Marko Stunt's big brother. I didn't have to question why I don't look like PAC when I'm at 195 lbs after that. I just question how his heart hasn't exploded yet?

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, John E. Dynamite said:

This is one of those weird questions that won't be answered until most of today's active wrestlers are retired - has it been harder to aquire steroids during the pandemic? I don't know a tactful way to say this, but this roster does steroids. Just like every other pro wrestling roster in history. There's been enough chatter about guys looking schlubby in this thread and I kinda gotta wonder if it's a symptom of COVID's effect on what's essentially part of the drug trade. International restrictions and all that.

Speaking to Kenny specifically, he has a torn shoulder labrum. It makes it really painful to do upper body work. His chest still looks good but his shoulders have lost some mass and his right arm is down right tiny (the arm that has the labrum tear). A labrum tear doesn't heal it's self if it's completely off the bone. You need surgery to reattach it and he's been putting it off. You can work through it without adding too much extra damage. But your workouts / aesthetic will suffer. Speaking as someone who currently has worked through a torn shoulder labrum myself for 3 years now. America's health care system is dog shit but I digress lol.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Kenny's said elsewhere that he's got a myriad of injuries going on and that's one of them.  Which is one of the reasons why I appreciate him doing whatever he can because I feel once he loses the title he's going to get that surgery.  I understand in the meantime why he's not liked by some but if there's those that want him gone then soon enough you may get your wish.  As for the Bucks the nWo comparison is on point but unlike them I sense the Bucks and TK have learned from history.  So while I get the "change the channel" nature of their act I see them definitely losing the tag titles at some point.  I would give it to Santana and Ortiz but that depends on how long things go with the FTR feud.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, John E. Dynamite said:

This is one of those weird questions that won't be answered until most of today's active wrestlers are retired - has it been harder to aquire steroids during the pandemic? I don't know a tactful way to say this, but this roster does steroids. Just like every other pro wrestling roster in history. There's been enough chatter about guys looking schlubby in this thread and I kinda gotta wonder if it's a symptom of COVID's effect on what's essentially part of the drug trade. International restrictions and all that.

Kenny was smaller pre-pandemic.   It's not harder to get scripts during the pandemic, if anything it's probably easier due to online being more of a thing.

The bigger issue was lack of gym time.

Not getting a labrum healed can lead to the situation like what Tana's arms have now.  I think one of his issues was a labrum tear in one arm.

Edited by alstein

17 hours ago, Stefanie the Human said:

There sure is a lot of discussion about trying to get into fights lately. Have we considered diplomacy?

After all, there's a reason why it's called a political THRILLER.

... just me, huh? Guess I'll get back to my adult coloring book.

That's why I hated the Pinnacle/Inner Circle "parley".  That means you talk it out and settle things.  That should have ended the feud!

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, John E. Dynamite said:

This is one of those weird questions that won't be answered until most of today's active wrestlers are retired - has it been harder to aquire steroids during the pandemic?

This is something I wondered about as soon as Covid hit -- not in respect to steroids but just drugs in general. It was also at the time pretty funny but in retrospect pretty scary seeing a row of people lined around the local cannabis dispensary with nobody wearing masks right after the lockdown went into place. On a freezing cold March day with snow on the ground, at that.

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
40 minutes ago, Log said:

That's why I hated the Pinnacle/Inner Circle "parley".  That means you talk it out and settle things.  That should have ended the feud!

I know right?! When are we going to see our wrestling issues settled via hearty discussions and handshakes? (Ideally over pizza.) Seriously, why does it always have to come down to fisticuffs. Sheesh.

1 minute ago, Stefanie the Human said:

I know right?! When are we going to see our wrestling issues settled via hearty discussions and handshakes? (Ideally over pizza.) Seriously, why does it always have to come down to fisticuffs. Sheesh.

They already did a musical number, so why not settle the Pinnacle/Inner Circle feud with a rumble (brought to you by West Side Story, in theaters this Christmas)?

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
1 minute ago, Zimbra said:

They already did a musical number, so why not settle the Pinnacle/Inner Circle feud with a rumble (brought to you by West Side Story, in theaters this Christmas)?

SOLD! I mean, probably only to me, but SOLD NONETHELESS.

12 hours ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

Speaking to Kenny specifically, he has a torn shoulder labrum. It makes it really painful to do upper body work. His chest still looks good but his shoulders have lost some mass and his right arm is down right tiny (the arm that has the labrum tear). A labrum tear doesn't heal it's self if it's completely off the bone. You need surgery to reattach it and he's been putting it off. You can work through it without adding too much extra damage. But your workouts / aesthetic will suffer. Speaking as someone who currently has worked through a torn shoulder labrum myself for 3 years now. America's health care system is dog shit but I digress lol.

11 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Kenny's said elsewhere that he's got a myriad of injuries going on and that's one of them.  Which is one of the reasons why I appreciate him doing whatever he can because I feel once he loses the title he's going to get that surgery.  I understand in the meantime why he's not liked by some but if there's those that want him gone then soon enough you may get your wish.  As for the Bucks the nWo comparison is on point but unlike them I sense the Bucks and TK have learned from history.  So while I get the "change the channel" nature of their act I see them definitely losing the tag titles at some point.  I would give it to Santana and Ortiz but that depends on how long things go with the FTR feud.

Cheers both of you. I'd read Kenny Omega is working hurt but didn't know what exactly. Man, that sounds a painful one.