DVDVR Message Board

Impact Wrestling - 6/24/21: Tag Titles Main Event

Pretty good show. Liked Rosemary/Kiera a lot, Tasha shines at ringside too. Deonna looked excellent in her match, always good to see. the knockouts division continues to be a highlight. Swingers Palace always the best when it's on and now Impact in 60 is on the best of Swinger. Strong main event for the tag titles.

Results:

Spoiler

*Before the Impact Preshow Match: TJP & Fallah Bahh def. Decay (Crazzy Steve & Black Taurus) (13:46) when TJP pinned Taurus with the Mamba Splash.

Impact Wrestling - June 24, 2021

*Rosemary (w/ Havok) def. Kiera Hogan (w/ Tasha Steelz) (8:00) after the As Above So Below.

*Deonna Purrazzo def. Susan (w/ Kimber Lee) (6:52) via armbar submission. After the match, Kimber had to pull Deonna off of Susan. Deonna declared that she was done with both of them.

*Rohit Raju & Shera def. Petey Williams & Trey Miguel (9:53) when Rohit pinned Petey after a jumping knee. After the match, Ace Austin & Madman Fulton joined Rohit & Shera to attack Petey & Trey. Josh Alexander ran out for the save but fell to the numbers game. Chris Bey came out but stopped and just recorded the beatdown on his phone.

*Rachael Ellering came to the ring and called out Jordynne Grace to talk. Rachael talked about how happy she was when they won the knockouts tag team titles. Rachael talked about being at her lowest last year while everyone around her encouraged her to be positive and now she realizes she was doing that to Jordynne and she's sorry. Jordynne cut her off and ran down her accolades. Jordynne told Rachael that she loved having her as a partner, but she can do things by herself. Rachel brought up Tenille which set Jordynne off and she threatened to drop her on her head. Jazz then interrupted and talked about putting them together. Jazz encouraged that they could get over the hurdles. Jazz said Jordynne was letting her ego get in the way and told her to shake it off. Rachael said it's on both of them and agreed they could get past this going forward. Rachael wants to team with Jordynne but doesn't know if she wants the same, so Jazz asked Jordynne what she wanted. Jordynne said she needed time to think about it and walked out. Tenille Dashwood then came out w/ Kaleb with a K. Tenille told Rachael that clearly things were not working out with Jordynne, but she was the solution. Rachael told Tenille that there was no chance and she'd only be in the ring with her if they were opponents, so she suggested a rematch from last week. Tenille tried to attack but Rachael ducked and laid her out while Jazz took out Kaleb. 

*Jake Something def. Sam Beale (w/ Brian Myers) (2:24) after the Black Hole Slam. After the match, Myers talked trash to Jake on the mic.

*Violent by Design (Joe Doering & Deaner w/ Rhino & Eric Young)(c) def. Eddie Edwards & Satoshi Kojima (23:42) when Doering pinned Eddie with the Revolution Powerbomb to retain the tag team championships.

Wow!  If you add in the Black Taurus match from the pre-game, I watched an hour and five minutes of Impact tonight.  There were a lot of knockouts on tonight.  I think half of that was Raychelle and Jordynne talking about their feelings for thirty minutes.  I guess it's heading to a match I would want to see so that's fine.  I like to think of Cowboy Bill Watts watching that segment.  The Deonna Purrazzo cavalcade of dickish submissions was the wrestling pinnacle of the evening.  Are we supposed to think of Keira and Tasha as heels in their thing?  They are one quarter of the size of Rosemary and Havoc and have a spunky can-do offense.  They are the babyfaces in this feud.  The main event was perfectly fine considering Deaner and Doering have to be the blandest tagteam to ever don belts on TV.  I cannot off the top of my head think of any team blander.  Good night for Impact!  YAY!

• Like 1