DVDVR Message Board

NXTuesday - 6/22/2021

Dolfan in NYC

Io/Zoey vs. Aliyah/Jessie was nice while it lasted. Looking forward to the triple threat no. 1 contenders' match

Frankie's second world premiere was ok. I like the idea they are teasing with Frankie bringing in Aliyah and Jessie as her underlings though I kind of wish they just had her join the Robert Stone Brand as his top talent.

The Way vs. Dunne/Oney was good. Don't dislike the idea of Johnny being Kross's next challenger. I like that Joe has scared Johnny straight for now.

Hit Row's murder of Ever Rise was fun.

Kushida/Kyle was nice. I like the idea of Diamond Mine. Its nice to see Bivens featured again.

Oh man, I think I just realized that LA Knight is basically Russ Hanneman from Silicon Valley. We just need LA Knight having the equivalent of Tres Commas tequila and bragging about cars that open with gull wing doors.

Oh that's where Roddy was! Thanks! Also, Zoey Stark is awesome. My wife hopes women would wear ponytails for convenience. We both like Pete Dunne. Good times.

Edited by Shartnado
We watch NXT

The Way vs. Dunne and Lorcan was really good. Austin Theory's stooging transitioned nicely into being a sympathetic face in peril, Dunne and Oney were vicious, and Johnny going full Johnny Wrestling made sense as a hot tag. Plus his entrance struggling to put on his jacket, only to angrily throw it off 30 seconds later was hilarious. I like that NXT doesn't shy away from heel/heel matchups and lets the characters work together organically. An over protective suburban dad and his large adult failson makes a great comedy heel gimmick, but also made perfect sense filling a face role against two bruisers who injured the failson beforehand.

• Like 1