DVDVR Message Board

Raw's Gonna Go To The Spirit in the Sky - 6/21/2021

Dolfan in NYC

At some point they'll team her up with Molly for a special appearance and that'll be great.

The Alexa Bliss stuff is so baffling. She was obviously positioned as a babyface there, down to the diving across the ring hot tag after an extended face-in-peril segment. The eyework by Shayna was pretty clever, mind you.  A babyface Papa Shango doesn't work. A babyface Undertaker does. A heel monster gets built up and eventually beaten and life goes on. A babyface monster... I guess that could have legs, but.

Blue Butterfly? Anyway I caught that and yeah, if anyone can do it it's her, but fuck man... well, probably her idea. The Hurricane got over just fine and it isn't any worse than what Alexa's been up to I guess. 

The other thing I caught was that clumsy ass corner spot that turned into a Spider German that toasted Riddle's shoulder. Good job Drew. Seriously! 

If there was anything worth catching on the first hour let me know, otherwise this is going in the bin. 

2 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Four HIAC matches in four days probably means there’s something to the reports that USA didn’t like the sudden news that Fox was getting one, right? 

I told you!!! Didn't even think of it until now. "They're gonna have a gimmick match or they're starting the Draft or KOTR"

• Like 1

I like that the Dourdrop name was kind of killed already with how they handled things tonight. Glad Asuka and Naomi are in MITB.

As great as that outfit looks on Nikki, I'm not entirely sure what the point of change now is for. It feels weird to do after the successes she had this past month against Charlotte & Rhea.

Charlotte/Rhea happening again is fine though I'm surprised at the lack of a stip.

Woods's promo was good and I thought the match with Lashley was solid. Dug the post match stuff with Kofi being forced to watch through the cage as Lashley continued the Hurt Lock.

Edited by Eivion

41 minutes ago, Matt D said:

At some point they'll team her up with Molly for a special appearance and that'll be great.

The Alexa Bliss stuff is so baffling. She was obviously positioned as a babyface there, down to the diving across the ring hot tag after an extended face-in-peril segment. The eyework by Shayna was pretty clever, mind you.  A babyface Papa Shango doesn't work. A babyface Undertaker does. A heel monster gets built up and eventually beaten and life goes on. A babyface monster... I guess that could have legs, but.

It worked for the Stomper at times. And LeDuc. And The Gang. 

Nikki looking at where she is on the card and deciding to make a play for some Hurricane-esque merch money is probably a smart play all things considered.

Doudrop hating her name is a pretty solid little payoff IMO.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, username said:

Nikki looking at where she is on the card and deciding to make a play for some Hurricane-esque merch money is probably a smart play all things considered.

Doudrop hating her name is a pretty solid little payoff IMO.

It's only a solid payoff if she spectacularly turns on Eva Marie and points out she's Piper Niven now.

2 hours ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Four HIAC matches in four days probably means there’s something to the reports that USA didn’t like the sudden news that Fox was getting one, right? 

Hell in a Cell has really been dead as a gimmick since Rollins/Wyatt. 

Edited by TheVileOne

26 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

Hell in a Cell has really been dead as a gimmick since Rollins/Wyatt. 

Isn't everything a dead gimmick in this company? But even still, four of this thing that used to be huge over the course of four days and nothing really registering? The absolute state of this thing is appalling. It bums me out seeing what this promotion has become. 

Edited by John from Cincinnati
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, John from Cincinnati said:

will-you-get-a-free-car-from-oprah-or-a-

And you get a Hell in a Cell match! And you get a Hell in a Cell match!

And you get a Hell in a Cell match! And you get a Hell in a Cell match!

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Isn't everything a dead gimmick in this company? But even still, four of this thing that used to be huge over the course of four days and nothing really registering? The absolute state of this thing is appalling. It bums me out seeing what this promotion has become. 

This. The days when the Hell in a Cell was reserved as a feud ender, you sometimes only had one or two a year like it used to be than for an annual PPV. My interest in WWE is at an all time low.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

I was planning on hating the superhero thing Nikki's doing until I saw it was her idea.  I think this is her last chance at success as if this doesn't take off then I don't see her being used in a meaningful way until the contract runs out/they release her.  But she believes in it and can't help but root for her.

And for the first time in months I caught a couple things on Youtube.  The Niven stuff seems like a way to put heat on Eva before Piper has enough and MDKs her.  Assuming that happens in front of a crowd that could be a nice payoff.   And as much as I like Drew I'm really interested to see how things play out with Bobby and Kofi.   It's always been apparent that they trusted MVP with how they've been doing things.  So assuming that hasn't changed this could be the makings of a good feud.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Matt D said:

I totally thought Molly was going to be her surprise partner when it ended up being Asuka.  They do have to bring in Molly now at some point.

• Like 1