DVDVR Message Board

Money In The Bank XII - 7/18/2021

Dolfan in NYC

Lot of pops and clapping and booing tonight, you can tell here and there with crowds moving.

Nikki Ash won. I thought Liv should had won.

Fans cared more about Omos over the Viking Raiders. Both of those guys need a new gimmick.

Love Bobby Lashley destroying that geek Kofi.

Happy Charlotte won.

The men's mitb was awesome.

Edge is really over. Glad Roman won. Marked out for Cena.

Usos/Mysterios was solid.

Women's MITB was fun though I wish the finish was better. On the one hand its nice that they didn't feel the need to leave everyone broken. On the other it kind of felt anti-climatic. Well Fiendish Alexa is more over than I thought so that shuts me up as far as whether or not its working. I still hate the gimmick and think it screws over everyone else in the division to sell it but whatever. Glad to see Nikki won. Naomi and Liv got some great reactions. Hopefully it leads to both doing more on their brands.

Wasn't all there for VR vs. AJ/Omos. What I saw seemed decent.

Kofi/Lashley was a Lesnar style title squash. It was well done and received, but it feels like a waste of Kofi with how over he was. 

Charlotte/Rhea was good and probably MOTN. That said, the wrong woman went over. I don't care if Becky comes back tomorrow. WWE would have gotten more out of Rhea facing Becky than rehashing Becky/Charlotte. Kind of surprised at how over Charlotte was. You still had the Becky chants, but I figured Charlotte would be treated more as a heel than she was.

Men's MITB was fun. So damn happy Big E won. I really hope this leads to E challenging Bobby for the beating he gave Kofi.

Roman/Edge was good though too damn long with all the posturing and later screwiness. Cena coming out post match was nice. Kind of happy they didn't wait till Friday.

Edited by Eivion

The women's MITB was decent enough and good for Nikki finally getting some shine.

Tag matches were there.

I kept expecting Kofi/Lashley to end up like Bryan/Lesnar with Kofi eventually getting some offense in but no, it was just a squash. It seemed like a waste of Kofi given how over he is and how much they hyped this match up. Though it does kind of lead into..

Big E winning the MITB was the right move and a great result of an entertaining match. That was one of the better MITB matches I can recall with a lot of fun stuff going on. Ricochet was a highlight and poor KO died for our sins once again. I'm guessing that Big E goes for revenge for his buddy getting ethered by Lashley. That's fine with me if that's the direction they go in as it could be a fantastic program.

Rhea/Charlotte was my match of the night though I don't think Charlotte should have gone over.

Main event was meh. I can't bring myself to care about Edge and the match was a total over-long forced epic. The comments about Cena confused me as I turned it off after Edge and Rollins brawled out of the ring. Going back and watching, that was a monster pop though it's been years since Cena delivered a non mailed in performance.

Women's MITB missed a lot of opportunities with supernatural Alexa. It's pretty hard to find new things to do with ladder matches in 2021, but Alexa using her powers to lower/raise the case or doing more mind control stuff like against Zelina while the field scrambles for answers would've been fun. Also would've been a good way to put over Nikki's superhero character to bring her down (or clumsily stumble into something that puts her down if Nikki is supposed to be the Hurricane Helms type of hero). Instead they just made everyone else look like idiots as Nikki used the novel strategy of "actually try to grab the case."

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Go2Sleep said:

Women's MITB missed a lot of opportunities with supernatural Alexa. It's pretty hard to find new things to do with ladder matches in 2021, but Alexa using her powers to lower/raise the case or doing more mind control stuff like against Zelina while the field scrambles for answers would've been fun.

I agree, Alexa Sawada JULIE is absolutely the right way to go with this nonsense.