DVDVR Message Board

Money In The Bank XII - 7/18/2021

Dolfan in NYC

I'm genuinely curious as to who's going to win the Men's briefcase.  

Several scenarios could play out (no particular order):

• KO wins, "turns heel" by cashing in on Goldberg next month. Long term revenge fulfilled.
  • Seth wins, cashes in on Roman, setting off a heel-heel war between them. 
  • McIntyre wins, kabongs Roman after his match on Sunday and wins the title in front of the crowd.  (Note - this will almost assuredly get him booed.)
  • E winning and challenging Roman at SummerSlam or even Survivor Series works too. 

The other 4... eh.  I don't think any of them have a shot in hell, but... Morrison winning and leading Miz to grow more and more jealous, leading to a WrestleMania match would be fun. 

Nak's washed, so no. 

Riddle, well Google his name and that's why, no. 

And Ricochet is in there in the Evan Bourne Memorial "Here to Die" slot, so no. 

--

Guess now that I think about it, Drew's probably a lock. ? 

11 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I'm genuinely curious as to who's going to win the Men's briefcase.  

Several scenarios could play out (no particular order):

• KO wins, "turns heel" by cashing in on Goldberg next month. Long term revenge fulfilled.
  • Seth wins, cashes in on Roman, setting off a heel-heel war between them. 
  • McIntyre wins, kabongs Roman after his match on Sunday and wins the title in front of the crowd.  (Note - this will almost assuredly get him booed.)
  • E winning and challenging Roman at SummerSlam or even Survivor Series works too. 

The other 4... eh.  I don't think any of them have a shot in hell, but... Morrison winning and leading Miz to grow more and more jealous, leading to a WrestleMania match would be fun. 

Nak's washed, so no. 

Riddle, well Google his name and that's why, no. 

And Ricochet is in there in the Evan Bourne Memorial "Here to Die" slot, so no. 

--

Guess now that I think about it, Drew's probably a lock. ? 

I think it'll be Drew McIntyre winning the Men's Money in the Bank Ladder match. Shinsuke Nakamura might be a dark horse trying to rebuild him like when Nakamura won the Men's 2018 Royal Rumble match. McIntyre would be my third choice, Kevin Owens second and Big E to win the briefcase and the contract inside.

Women's MITB Ladder match lineup is weak.

This isn't going to happen, but what I would do is Kofi beating Lashley. You have Lashley want to murder someone to get his mojo back so you do him vs Goldberg without the title. You have Big E with Money In The Bank. You have him announce his shot ahead of time. And you find a compelling way to insert Woods as well. Triple Threat Kofi vs Big E vs Woods for the title. You keep all three buds and all of them are faces and none of them turn on each other. A very feel good kind of match for a big crowd in Vegas.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

This isn't going to happen, but what I would do is Kofi beating Lashley. You have Lashley want to murder someone to get his mojo back so you do him vs Goldberg without the title. You have Big E with Money In The Bank. You have him announce his shot ahead of time. And you find a compelling way to insert Woods as well. Triple Threat Kofi vs Big E vs Woods for the title. You keep all three buds and all of them are faces and none of them turn on each other. A very feel good kind of match for a big crowd in Vegas.

Be cool to get every member of the New Day as a world champion, it's deserved. Only The Shield and Evolution come to mind as stables where everyone held a world title.

Edited by The Natural

On Wednesday's radio show Meltzer thought the most likely scenario was Drew winning

HOWEVER - he has also heard rumblings that Drew is going to be moved to SDL to be Reigns post Summerslam challenger and in that scenario - Drew doesn't need the briefcase (Dave's personal opinion is also that they are gonna to have Reigns hold the title till whenever his post-Rock match is (either Rumble or Mania)

Based on booking - Rollins is the other one who would be considered the "favorite"

Meltzer is also of the belief that the only babyface who could win the briefcase (but not become champ) is Riddle as Riddle wins and Orton either takes the briefcase from him or costs him when he tries to cash in. (Again - y'all put more stake in Riddle's outside affairs affecting his booking than the WWE actually does. (And the same could be said about any number of wrestlers))

Dave didn't think it would be Big E but if it was then Big E HAS TO successfully cash in

Of course - Dave and Bryan both were of the opinion that after last year, the MITB match (and by proxy the briefcase) are meaningless and the WWE will do whatever the fuck they want down the road

Well, outside forces aside, I just don't see Riddle as ready for that elevation yet. 

If Randy truly broke him, as they're sort of hinting, then I could see him elevated by 'snapping' and 'injuring' someone. In that scenario, preferably Orton - since, Frankenstein was killed by his own monster. Then pushing him up the card against his former friends like Priest, New Day, and on up the card.  

But yeah, I'm guessing it's just Drew or Seth.  

(Honestly, it would be hilarious if they've spent literally thousands of dollars destroying a motorcycle just to flush the nascent Jinder feud down the toilet.)

14 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Well, outside forces aside, I just don't see Riddle as ready for that elevation yet. 

If Randy truly broke him, as they're sort of hinting, then I could see him elevated by 'snapping' and 'injuring' someone. In that scenario, preferably Orton - since, Frankenstein was killed by his own monster. Then pushing him up the card against his former friends like Priest, New Day, and on up the card.  

But yeah, I'm guessing it's just Drew or Seth.  

(Honestly, it would be hilarious if they've spent literally thousands of dollars destroying a motorcycle just to flush the nascent Jinder feud down the toilet.)

Wasn't Riddle just declared innocent of everything ever, just like Cosby was, so he could still somehow be back in the race, like it or not?

4 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Cartwright dropped her suit this week. I'm unaware of any other declarations. 

Yeah, I didn't say I approved of the situation, but this might chance the eventual outcome...

If the charges dropped equals nothing happened, then pretty much all bets are off, right? Hope Ricochet wins, though

Edited by Shartnado
This is how this goes, no?

4 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Lawsuits cost a lot of time and a lot of money. It might be a purely economic decision on her part.

Per reports, it looks like they ended up settling because it appears both sides are now following nondisclosure agreements

• Like 2

On 7/16/2021 at 12:06 PM, Dolfan in NYC said:

I'm going to go out on a limb and say within a couple of weeks of live crowds, McIntyre will be getting that reaction regardless.

If Roman stays on SD and Drew moves over to challenge him, who does that leave on RAW to be the babyface ace?  Edge?  Kofi?  SDL hasn't done a particularly good job elevating any of their babyfaces, so unless Daniel Bryan is coming back and sliding over to RAW, do they have anyone to take Drew's spot?

Just now, D.Z said:
  Hide contents

The USO's won the SD tags.

Spoiler

Wonder what Dutch Mantel is thinking right now after watching that? Seriously this company sucks.

• Like 2