DVDVR Message Board

Money In The Bank XII - 7/18/2021

Dolfan in NYC

It's the first show in front of a crowd in 15 months!  

(Which means they actually have to sell tickets!)

Which means...  THE CARD:

FOR THE WWE CHAMPIONSHIP - The Almighty Bobby Lashley (c) vs. Kofi Kingston

FOR THE WWE UNIVERSAL CHAMPIONSHIP - Roman Reigns (c) vs. Edge

FOR THE RAW WOMEN'S CHAMPIONSHIP - Rhea Ripley (c) vs. Charlotte Flair

FOR THE SMACKDOWN WOMEN'S CHAMPIONSHIP - Bianca Bel Air (c) vs. Carmella

FOR THE RAW TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP - AJ Styles/Omos (c) vs. The Viking Raiders

FOR THE SMACKDOWN TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP - The Mysterios (c) vs. The Usos

MONEY IN THE BANK LADDER MATCH (Men) - Ricochet vs. John Morrison vs. Riddle vs. Big E vs. Drew McIntyre vs. Kevin Owens vs. Seth Rollins vs. His Royal Highness Shinsuke, of House Nakamura, First of His Name.

MONEY IN THE BANK LADDER MATCH (Women) - Asuka vs. Naomi vs. Alexa Bliss vs. Nikki Cross vs. Liv Morgan vs. Zelina Vega vs. Natalya vs. Tamina

---

Fun fact! The last PPV they had in front of a live crowd had someone in every match who is no longer with the company!  

• Sad 1

39 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

It's the first show in front of a crowd in 15 months!  

39 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Fun fact! The last PPV they had in front of a live crowd had someone in every match who is no longer with the company!  

Are we not counting this year's Wrestlemania?

14 hours ago, nate said:

Ok, I'm drawing a blank ...

Elim Chamber '20: 

1. Pre-Show Match: Zack Ryder
  2. Daniel Bryan (inactive/retired)
  3. US Champ Andrade
  4. Tag EC:  Tucker
  5. Aleister Black and the Good Brothers
  6. Buddy Murphy, Akam, & Rezar
  7. IC Champ Burberry Shortcake
  8. Womens EC:  Ruby Riott & Sarah Logan
  • Thanks 1

My top five Money in the Bank Ladder Matches:

5. The Miz vs. Edge vs. Randy Orton vs. Chris Jericho vs. John Morrison vs. Mark Henry vs. Evan Bourne vs. Ted DiBiase. Money in the Bank 2010.

4. Brock Lesnar vs. Randy Orton vs. Andrade vs. Finn Balor vs. Ricochet vs. Drew McIntyre vs. Ali vs. Baron Corbin. Money in the Bank 2019.

3. Kane vs. Christian vs. Cody Rhodes vs. Kofi Kingston vs. Matt Hardy vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Drew McIntyre vs. Big Show. Money in the Bank 2010.

2. Edge vs. Chris Benoit vs. Chris Jericho vs. Kane vs. Christian vs. Shelton Benjamin. WrestleMania 21.

1. Daniel Bryan vs. Cody Rhodes vs. Kane vs. Sheamus vs. Wade Barrett vs. Heath Slater vs. Justin Gabriel vs. Sin Cara. Money in the Bank 2011.

Assuming the tag champs are out, that literally only leaves Carmella, Liv, and Reckoning.   

Mia/Bianca would be delightful as a big, hard hitting match.  

So, of course, that probably means we're getting a Bianca/Carmella/Liv triple threat. 

I was going to joke "Wait - they are calling babies "injuries" now?" but then probably would assume that meant she was actually pregnant and I didn't want that

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Assuming the tag champs are out, that literally only leaves Carmella, Liv, and Reckoning.   

Mia/Bianca would be delightful as a big, hard hitting match.  

So, of course, that probably means we're getting a Bianca/Carmella/Liv triple threat. 

Or what now seems to the be "Sasha - Break Glass In Case of Emergency"

Purely guessing but I think the replacement list goes

1) Sasha Banks

2) Liv Morgan

3) Toni Storm

4) Shotzi Blackheart

Toni and Shotzi have both been getting tryouts and are expected to get called up at the Draft so just bringing one up would work (I would think Storm is more likely just because she is a heel)

4 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Purely guessing but I think the replacement list goes

1) Sasha Banks

2) Liv Morgan

3) Toni Storm

4) Shotzi Blackheart

Toni and Shotzi have both been getting tryouts and are expected to get called up at the Draft so just bringing one up would work (I would think Storm is more likely just because she is a heel)

Becky doesn't even make the list? That's the first name I thought of. First full PPV in front of a crowd. Biggest name they have in the women's division. Maybe they already have something penciled in for her. But she's certainly more likely than Liv lol.

The problem with dropping Becky into that situation is that she then has to win and I honestly feel like Bianca isn't losing till Sasha returns

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RIPPA said:

3) Toni Storm

4) Shotzi Blackheart

I am gonna put these in the RIPPA was right folder anyway

I kinda wonder if someone like Liv is getting the briefcase and calling out Bianca, as her match was moved from the PPV to Smackdown.  

And unless NXT gets another call up, SD is supposed to get that last slot.  Which makes the only choices Tamina, Carmella (again), or Yim.  

(EDIT - or Bianca, if she loses her title, obv.)