DVDVR Message Board

SOCCER - SUMMER 2021

Dolfan in NYC

Guest Jimbo_Tsuruta

First time Sheffield United have scored six league goals in over twenty years, hopefully Ndiaye and Gibbs-White keep delivering the goods, three assists for Billy Sharp too he deserves a statue, utter legend.

Wednesday lost 3-0 to Plymouth, 300 mile trip home ?

Edited by Jimbo_Tsuruta

8 hours ago, Jimbo_Tsuruta said:

First time Sheffield United have scored six league goals in over twenty years, hopefully Ndiaye and Gibbs-White keep delivering the goods, three assists for Billy Sharp too he deserves a statue, utter legend.

Nice! How many matches did they need?

One of my issues with CR7 coming back is that while he's a great forward, he NEEDS a midfield to create chances for him and he needs a squad built around getting him the ball.  United only really has Fernendes and Pogba on a good day and the team isn't built for him up front.   So anyone thinking resigning him was going to automatically bring silverware doesn't pay attention to the sport at all.  

14 hours ago, Jimbo_Tsuruta said:

Derby set to enter administration, coupled with their FFP breach it looks like they could get a 21-point deduction.

Of course I picture him saying that in The Boy voice and it gives me the giggles.

Seriously though... they're boned.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Raziel said:

Well West Ham/Man United certinally had an ending.

That's what you get for rigidly if not blindly following Soccernomics i.e "meticulous data analysis" i.e Moneyball transposed to association football. I have little doubt the computer told him (Moyes) to do it.

That entire sequence was just odd, with CR7 getting mugged in the box for no call, then a penalty awarded on the other end for the handball that wasn't exactly a handball, both plays getting VAR'd, then Moyes subbing in Noble to kick the penalty straight to De Gea, it was just, odd.  

But yeah, I really don't need 2 sports I watch being made near unwatchable by stat nerds taking over.

• Like 1