DVDVR Message Board

SOCCER - SUMMER 2021

Dolfan in NYC

The Olympics haven't even begun and we are off to a fine start.

Germany walked off the pitch after Jordan Torunarigha was racially abused by a Hondurian player during a warm-up match between the two sides

Honduras issued a statement saying it was a "misunderstanding"

Guest Jimbo_Tsuruta

If Arsenal end up spending 32m on Ramsdale I will laugh my arse off, he was Bambi on ice for the first half of last season, improved in the second half but is no way worth that much. Cha-ching!

56 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Joey Barton. A brainless, thuggish, lout. Fuck you.

Whoever from The Gas decided to make this sociopath the club's manager must've been high on the laughing kind. 

• Like 1

Guest Jimbo_Tsuruta

Apparently Arsenal have made another Ramsdale bid. What surprises me is that they are going for a young lad with relegations on his CV already when mental weakness seems to have been Arsenal's problem for ages since the likes of Viera, Gilberto, Adams, Dixon etc aren't around to grab games by the scruff of the neck. 

I've taken the piss out of Ramsdale alot but he could really flourish at Championship level and then maybe crack the Prem later. Arsenal would be better off with a loan deal or getting experienced backup to Leno on the cheap. But if Arsenal make a silly offer then I doubt the Blades will turn it down...

On 7/27/2021 at 9:59 PM, Jimbo_Tsuruta said:

Apparently Arsenal have made another Ramsdale bid. What surprises me is that they are going for a young lad with relegations on his CV already when mental weakness seems to have been Arsenal's problem for ages since the likes of Viera, Gilberto, Adams, Dixon etc aren't around to grab games by the scruff of the neck. 

I've taken the piss out of Ramsdale alot but he could really flourish at Championship level and then maybe crack the Prem later. Arsenal would be better off with a loan deal or getting experienced backup to Leno on the cheap. But if Arsenal make a silly offer then I doubt the Blades will turn it down...

I don’t like Arsenal but they made a mistake letting Emiliano Martinez go to Aston Villa after 2019/20. 

Meanwhile, Swansea don’t have a manager after the club and Steve Cooper split amicably. Cooper did get a lot out of the club last season but it was frustrating as hell to watch last season. His substitutions when he could be bothered to make them were usually shit. It was Andre Ayew or bust on offense, and Ayew wasn’t renewed. The Swans ran out of gas in the second half and it cost them automatic promotion. The playoff final vs Brentford was embarrassing. And there’s talk Matt Grimes could be sold off. A lot of Swansea fans want the American owners out because of lack of investment. 

But the home and away kits look good this year, huh, huh, huh? 

FIFA: Mexican Soccer, I'm pretty sure you know why we called you into the office..

Mexico: No, not really.

FIFA: You've been naughty. Again.

Mexico: Yeah, but did you see how many youtube videos that cup bouncing off the player's head got? Besides, we (accidentally) hit one of our own players as well, so it evened out right?

FIFA: No, that's.. well.. that's NOT the specific reason we called you in today. But don't do THAT again, either.

Mexico: So, what's the problem?

FIFA: That chant.

Mexico: Oh....

FIFA: Yes, we asked you to stop it. We told you to stop it..

Mexico: And..

FIFA: You didn't stop it.

Mexico: I don't see a problem here.

FIFA: We do.

Mexico: Oh.

FIFA: Since you can't or won't stop your fans from that chant..

Mexico: A bit from column A, a bit from column B, really.

FIFA: We're going to have to force you to play a couple World Cup Qualifiers behind closed doors.

Mexico: Ow.

FIFA: Anyway, we hope that we won't have to call you in..

Mexico: Wait, that means men's and women's qualifiers, right?

FIFA: Well, we didn't specify, but.. um.. I guess.

Mexico: Well, that sucks, but not as bad then.

FIFA: So, now that this matter's closed.. what's that noise..

Mexico: It's our fans doing THAT chant again.

FIFA: (takes off their glasses, pinches their nose, and rubs their forehead)

Mexico: I don't see a problem here.

• Haha 1

Wow, the SPL had its first games today on Paramount Plus here in the US, and what a result for Hearts back in the Scottish Premiership, including two RIDICULOUS saves by ex-Celtic goalkeeper Craig Gordon, and a goal by comeback legend John Souttar (coming back from shredding his Achillies TWICE!) gives them a 2-1 win over Celtic.

Guest Jimbo_Tsuruta

I would say I think City are going to run away with it, but I thought that Liverpool would repeat the trick when they won the title so...

Guest Jimbo_Tsuruta

Any Sampdoria/Leeds fans got info on Ronaldo Vieira?

Edited by Jimbo_Tsuruta

59 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

That escalated quickly. From, "we've worked out a new deal" to "there are some speed bumps but we're certain a deal will be done," to "well, actually..."

• Like 1