DVDVR Message Board

NXT TV (06/15/21)

RIPPA

Announced for Tonight's show

• William Regal announcing that Samoa Joe hasn't signed with AEW
  • Tornado tag match: Tommaso Ciampa & Timothy Thatcher vs. The Grizzled Young Veterans
  • NXT Cruiserweight Champion Kushida issues an open challenge
  • Raquel Gonzalez & Dakota Kai vs. Kayden Carter & Kacy Catanzaro
  • Imperium vs. Breezango
  • Io Shirai addresses the NXT Universe
  • LA Knight's Million Dollar Championship Coronation

That was one of the best episodes of NXT in forever.

Kross' opening segment was the first time he actually had some fire in him, even if him dressing down Regal was a bit too cheap heat for me. It's good to see Joe back and they've left the door open for him to get in the ring.

Blake Christian looked good in his debut and had a really fun match with Kushida. Looking forward to O'Riley/Kushida.

It's too bad the women's tag match was cut from Takeover as it was terrific. Kacy and Kayden are coming along nicely.

The main event was good but could have been a bit longer.

• Like 1

Oh man, Kacey and Kaden are a hoot!  They need more tassles to be more like the Rock and Roll Express.   Give them the belts!

• Like 4

Joe was awesome as Regal's enforcer and somehow made the main event 5x more interesting despite "no plans to compete." Loved him choking out Cole and talking shit to Kross and Johnny.

Imperium/Breezango was solid thought it felt weird seeing Imperium lose with the setup they had with Walter talking about failure.

Io's segment with the Way was fine. Stark doesn't interest me as a character yet, but she should make a fine partner for Io against Candice & Indi.

Knight turning on Ted was expected, but it was good seeing Cameron get the big face reaction for making the save.

Raquel/Dakota vs. Kacy/Kayden was good. Really hope they starting pushing Kacy and Kayden for the tag belts soon.

Ciampa/Thatcher vs. GYV was damn good.

Good show all around. 

Have to say though that I have zero interest in Cole/KOR II, especially if they have it go some dumbass epic length again.

• Like 2

Kross was booked terribly again in the opening segment. Comes out to bully Regal for no reason, then immediately gets punked by Joe. You have any number of shit-talking heels that would've made more sense in that spot. Gargano, Knight, Cole, etc.

I did like the subtlety of Joe saying he wanted Adam Cole's answer when he wakes up, then not getting an answer from Cole the rest of the show.

Not sure what was with the terrible editing when they cut to Mackenzie trying to catch Joe/Regal in the parking lot, going to a backstage interview a few minutes later, then ending the show with another parking lot interview.

I feel like we really need MSK/Kacy/Kayden vs. The Way.

Someone should have had the guts to point out that Kacy holds a pinfall victory over Raquel "Reina" Gonzalez from MYCII! She should campaign for a shot at the title based on that. Who else has even pinned her? Just Rhea?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Shartnado said:

Someone should have had the guts to point out that Kacy holds a pinfall victory over Raquel "Reina" Gonzalez from MYCII! She should campaign for a shot at the title based on that. Who else has even pinned her? Just Rhea?

Assuming you mean on TV

• Mia Yim - #1 contenders qualifying match (12/12/18 (aired))
  • Piper Niven - NXT UK (5/1/19 (aired))
  • Candice LeRae - NXT 5/22/19 (aired)
  • Tegan Nox - NXT 4/15/20 (aired)

So maybe not the best idea ?

Now that being said - after that Nox match the last time Gonzalez lost a singles TV match was when she lost the ladder match to Shotzi for the WarGames advantage (her only other defeats were the tag match they lost the titles, 6 man at IYH 2020 (both those matches Kai was pinned) and a #1 contenders Battle Royal which was used to set up the Raquel/Rhea feud

18 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Assuming you mean on TV

• Mia Yim - #1 contenders qualifying match (12/12/18 (aired))
  • Piper Niven - NXT UK (5/1/19 (aired))
  • Candice LeRae - NXT 5/22/19 (aired)
  • Tegan Nox - NXT 4/15/20 (aired)

So maybe not the best idea ?

Now that being said - after that Nox match the last time Gonzalez lost a singles TV match was when she lost the ladder match to Shotzi for the WarGames advantage (her only other defeats were the tag match they lost the titles, 6 man at IYH 2020 (both those matches Kai was pinned) and a #1 contenders Battle Royal which was used to set up the Raquel/Rhea feud

Damn, I didn't realize she had actually been on TV that much as Reina. In that case, I retract my previous statement and maintain that Kacy & Kayden should be the next tag team champions instead.