DVDVR Message Board

IMPACT AGAINST ALL ODDS X - 6/12/2021

There is no better Phil Collins song than AAO.  Fight me.

The Card!

FOR THE IMPACT WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP - Kenny Omega (c) vs. Moose 

FOR THE IMPACT KNOCKOUTS CHAMPIONSHIP - Deonna Purrazzo (c) vs. Rosemary (w/Decay)

FOR THE IMPACT WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP - Violent By Design (c) vs. Decay (w/ Rosemary) 

FOR THE IMPACT KNOCKOUTS TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP - Fire N' Flava (c) vs. Kimber Lee/Susan 

FIVE WAY MATCH FOR THE #1 CONTENDERSHIP TO THE X DIVISION CHAMPIONSHIP - Petey Williams vs. Trey Miguel vs. Ace Austin vs. Chris Bey vs. Rohit Raju 

STREET FIGHT - The Good Brothers vs. Sami Callahan/Tommy Dreamer

Satoshi Kojima vs. Joe Doering

Jordynne Grace vs. Tenille Dashwood

Rich Swann vs. some tall asshole. 

Omega/Moose was good stuff, always love Moose's Spanish Fly. Everything else was pretty good/pretty standard show. More great performances from the usuals (Deonna, Fire N Flava, etc) Nice cliffhanger ending with some intrigue going forward. Definitely look forward to Omega/Callihan happening. 

Full Results:

Spoiler

*Sami Callihan & Tommy Dreamer def. The Good Brothers (Doc Gallows & Karl Anderson) (10:20) in a street fight when Callihan pinned Anderson after hitting him with his bat.

*Joe Doering (w/ Eric Young, Rhino, & Deaner) def. Satoshi Kojima (w/ Eddie Edwards) (8:58) with a spinning sitout powerbomb

*Ace Austin vs. Petey Williams vs. Rohit Raju vs. Trey Miguel vs. Chris Bey went to a no contest (12:34) when Madman Fulton interfered and took out Petey, Rohit, Trey, & Bey.

*W. Morrissey def. Rich Swann (11:40) after a spinning release powerbomb

*Tenille Dashwood (w/ Kaleb) def. Jordynne Grace (w/ Rachael Ellering) (11:01) with a small package. After the match, Jordynne laid out Kaleb and walked off on her own.

*Fire N Flava (Kiera Hogan & Tasha Steelz)(c) def. Susan & Kimber Lee (9:28) to retain the knockouts tag team championships when Tasha pinned Susan with the frog splash.

*Violent by Design (Deaner & Rhino w/ Eric Young)(c) def. Decay (Crazzy Steve & Black Taurus) (10:39) to retain the tag team championships when Deaner pinned Steve after the Deaner DDT

*Deonna Purrazzo(c) def. Rosemary (12:07) after the Queen's Gambit to retain the knockouts championship.

*Kenny Omega(c) def. Moose (23:00) to retain the Impact Worlds Heavyweight Championship after the Young Bucks interfered while the ref was down. After the match, Sami Callihan appeared and took out the Bucks. Sami went after Omega with his bat and a steel chair but Don Callis got the mic and said he was Sami's boss, so as executive VP he fired Callihan. Scott D'Amore went after Callis and they argued to the back while Callihan said this was bullshit.

Thanks for the info.  I've seen very little of Moose.  He's athletically gifted and has a very impressive look, but doesn't seem to work his size advantage nearly enough.  

I attempted to watch this Impact show in full.  Impact certainly has some good talent, but the booking and presentation is absolutely horrendous.  The canned crowd special effect is so tacky.  There also seems to be corny booking bullet points to hit in every match.  

Edited by HarryArchieGus
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/13/2021 at 6:30 AM, odessasteps said:

I presume this is the only other real contender. 

(with an * for Easy Lover) 

I was going to mention this, Easy Lover and I Wish it Would Rain. Land of Confusion and Invisible Touch are Genesis, so I'll let those slide. No disrespect meant to AAO, which is magnificent, obviously.

Edited by Shartnado
Finger-slip typo