DVDVR Message Board

UFC 263: Adesanya vs. Vettori II (6/12/2021) - Glendale, AZ (Gila River Arena)

Elsalvajeloco

That $10k bet to get to 13 just doesn't make sense to me. I am very confident Adesanya beats him but in combat sports anything can happen. Doesn't seem remotely worth the risk.

• Like 1

Al Guinee needs to be banned from the sport that was awful. Shaun Al-Shatti reported that he's a local ref who has a history of not being very good. Not only did he miss Hill tapping, he left that go on way longer than it should have after Hill had his arm torn in half. 

Poor performance by Marvin Vettori against Adesanya. Dude was still pushing for half-hearted takedown attempts with a minute to go and just stalling for time. Poor performance by referee Marc Goddard as well. Goddard is usually a decent ref, but he was not splitting the two up when they were just stuck and not doing anything and neither guy was really pushing the action or doing much of anything. Props to Adesanya smacking around Vettori for making his point.

Really impressed by Brandon Moreno. He fought very smart and is champion now. That was a great performance. Really happy for the dude. Just seems like a nice, well adjusted dude. I agree that Figueiredo might have to move up.

Nate Diaz is very beatable. He always has been. To beat him you just have to not fall for his dumb, sloppy bar room brawl tactics.

Edited by TheVileOne
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, John E. Dynamite said:

If this is the end of top-ranked Demian Maia, it was a great run. Eight of his UFC losses were to UFC, Bellator, or Strikeforce champions and two of the other losses were to a UFC Interim champ + a contender. His win list is fuckin' sick. UFC contenders and outside champs like Shields, Condit, Masvidal, Fitch, Askren, Sonnen, Santiago, Good, Quarry. Non-contenders with legit records like Magny, Matt Brown, Dong Hyun Kim, Rick Story, Ed Herman, Kendall Grove. A consummate upper-midcard motherfucker and best no-bullshit BJJ guy in MMA history.

To go with all that I agree with, one of the nicest people to ever fight as well.

5 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

Nate Diaz is very beatable. He always has been. To beat him you just have to not fall for his dumb, sloppy bar room brawl tactics.

Diaz is dangerous when he is dialed in, keeps his hands busy, and is using his BJJ.  That doesn't seem to happen very often lately.

Grats to Moreno on a helluva performance.

I am happy to see that Eryk Anders is still continuing to put the pieces together.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

Diaz has totally changed his style up. He used to be a volume strikes, relentless pressure guy, now he's a "That's enough fighting, I'm going for a walk for a bit" guy. Yeah, mindgames, whatever.

5 hours ago, AxB said:

Diaz has totally changed his style up. He used to be a volume strikes, relentless pressure guy, now he's a "That's enough fighting, I'm going for a walk for a bit" guy. Yeah, mindgames, whatever.

To be fair, if he'd done that in this fight he probably would have been pieced up and put out. I've never been a big fan of Nate's but you've got to respect his ability to stay relevant. He's really maximised the Connor win and extended his career with big money fights. 

I didn't get a chance to watch this live but just wanted to jump in to give Moreno another hell yeah! I really didn't expect him to get the win here but man, now that draw last time out was just another plot point in his rise to champion. You seriously could not come up with a better comeback story for that guy. Is he the real life Rocky? I actually hope Figueirdo sticks around at FlyW for one more fight because it would probably do better business than any other fight for Moreno at the moment. 

that Moreno celebration was so touching. the emotion was real!

Bearjew ripping that dude's arm off at the elbow was insane. i was shouting at the tv for the ref to stop the fight.

Dober vs Riddell was excellent and my FOTN

this has to be the longest ufc ever for in-ring time, right. 14 fights with 11 going the distance. oof.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, twiztor said:

and indeed it was. 

In 2021, we've had the longest UFC ever with only three fights having a finish and the third shortest ever UFC show:

Ez1Jf5AWEAALr-J?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by The Natural