DVDVR Message Board

Impact Wrestling - 6/3/21: 3 Hour Special with Ironman

Ironman was great as expected, with a real good big fight feel. TJP's fall was a bit too no sell out of a long submission but overall good stuff. Excellent job putting over Josh Alexander. Jake/Rohit was a pretty great brawl with a lot of time and felt like a proper feud blowoff. Fire N Flava are the best, always consistent highlights every week. Figured Steve Cutler would end up in Impact, interested to see how he does. Kojima's theme is classic. Solid main event while it lasted. Was hoping to see Moose/Kenny one on one so hope they don't end up changing it, as I figured Kenny/Sami would come next but I guess a potential triple threat would work too. Good show overall, show flew by even with the Ironman. 

Results:

Spoiler

*Josh Alexander(c) (w/ Petey Williams) def. TJP (w/ Fallah Bahh) in an Ironman Match (64:24) to retain the X Division Championship, 2 falls to 1. During the match, Chris Sabin & Trey came out to plead with Josh not to piledrive TJP on the stage. Members of the roster (Eddie Edwards & Alisha, Jordynne Grace & Rachael Ellering, Hernandez & Johnny Swinger, Brian Myers & Sam Beale, Ace Austin & Madman Fulton, Jake Something, Willie Mack, Daivari, and Chris Bey) filled the crowd to watch the last ten minutes and then moved from the crowd to ringside by the end of the match.
-Josh pinned TJP with a bridging pin at 18:54 (1-0)
-TJP pinned Josh with a bridging pin at 59:58 (1-1)
-Josh pinned TJP after the Divine Intervention double underhook piledriver at 64:24 in Sudden Death (2-1)

*Jake Something def. Rohit Raju (15:39) in a Tables Match with a spear through a table.

*Rich Swann came to the ring but got ambushed by W. Morrissey. Swann fought back but Morrissey laid him out with a big boot until security came out to break it up. Morrissey went after security until Willie Mack came out with a steel chair.

*Fire N Flava (Kiera Hogan & Tasha Steelz)(c) def. Jordynne Grace & Rachael Ellering (8:45) when Tasha pinned Jordynne with the frog splash to retain the Knockouts Tag Team Championships

*Satoshi Kojima def. Deaner (w/ Eric Young, Joe Doering, & Rhino) (5:12) with the Lariat after Eddie Edwards stopped Doering from interfering.

*Sami Callihan def. Moose via DQ (14:04) when Doc Gallows & Karl Anderson interfered. After the match, Gallows & Anderson beat down Moose & Callihan. Don Callis came out with Kenny Omega to stand tall with the Good Brothers.

• Like 3

I think I watched 45 minutes this week!  I fast forwarded through the filler of the Iron Man match.  Man, I hated the finish of the original hour match.  Give TJP a fall earlier and have him not tapping be the finish to set-up the OT.  Yeesh. 

I'm thinking Tasha Steelz is the best Knockout. 

Fuck, I want Eddie Edwards versus Satoshi Kojima.  Fuck this befriending bullshit.

Moose is a total physical freak.

• Like 3

Wait so they hired Big Cass? News to me. He looks good, I hope he's got his problems calmed. He should have named himself R. Smith instead though.

The women's tag washed the bad taste of Dark Side out of my mouth. 

I'm all for NJ turfing their Third Generation guys out to American feds. Kojima vs. Doering will be cool but yeah, Kojima vs. Eddie would be the stiffness. What's Tenzan up to? 

Subtitles: [Black Taurus growls]

I don't want to watch a Sami Callahan match but damn, Moose has a real good wrestling theme. 

• Like 1