DVDVR Message Board

2021 The WWE Purge, Part 2

Pete

I think Braun will find things to do, but 

They were just saying on Main Event the other week how much Lana had improved. Which was true, but she was still bad...and the thing is...Lana wasn't really hot anymore. Now I'm not saying that C.J. isn't hot doing her Tik-Tok dances and stuff, not looked in a while mind....I'm just talking about the character and recent WWE presentation.

I felt recently with Riott....well they have Shotzi now right?

Black I wasn't that surprised about. McMahon never liked the character and having vignettes has never stopped a release happening.

I fear for Gulak right now.

38 minutes ago, Wyld Samurai said:

Tommy F'n End!

I didn't know that I wanted to see Heroes Never Eventually Die (End/Hero) vs. Mox/Kingston until right now, but right now that match is all I can think about. I don't care where it happens, but damn do I need it to happen.

Edited by Shane
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, just drew said:

Ok. Tell Joey Janela and Serpentico bye then. You have a chance to raise the talent level of your wrestling company by bringing in better wrestlers. You also have a second show debuting in the fall. Cut some bottom feeders and add a few world class performers.

How dare you besmirch the fine name of the Snakeman!

• Like 1

I can see Keith Lee getting released. From Roman Reigns putting him over post match at Survivor Series 2019, holding the NXT Championship/NXT North American Championship at the same time to quickly dropping it and getting misused on the main roster, losing and having to wear a stupid singlet.

2 minutes ago, Shane said:

I didn't know that I wanted to see Heroes Never Die (End/Hero) vs. Mox/Kingston until right now, but right now that match is all I can think about. I don't care where it happens, but damn do I need it to happen.

I'll be Mr. Nitpick and say "Actually, it's Heroes Eventually Die"

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Craig H said:

As for Braun, I think we might be underselling how big of a deal he would be in Japan.

"Big Deal" Belch Savatage would be awesome.

Also, look what I found from 2015. H/T @Cristobal.

PsZnUJc.png

• Haha 12

4 minutes ago, just drew said:

Ok. Tell Joey Janela and Serpentico bye then. You have a chance to raise the talent level of your wrestling company by bringing in better wrestlers. You also have a second show debuting in the fall. Cut some bottom feeders and add a few world class performers.

Exactly. There’s a lot of dead fucking weight on that roster that any of those mentioned would be a dramatic improvement over.

I mean, they’ve been giving fairly regular TV time to Cezar fucking Bononi for christ’s sake.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, S.K.o.S. said:

With the idea of WWE being sold, presumably to some giant corporation, I'm so grateful for the existence of AEW right now.

Unlike when Lucas or Marvel cashed their checks to Disney, there really isn't an entity out there that can be considered a worthy successor to being a brand gatekeeper/creator, and that's what's concerning. 

Edited by Josh Mann
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Craig H said:

As for Braun, I think we might be underselling how big of a deal he would be in Japan.

Mutoh needs another Big Name guy he shouldn't be beating to book himself over.

• Like 3

Just now, S.K.o.S. said:

With the idea of WWE being sold, presumably to some giant corporation, I'm so grateful for the existence of AEW right now.

Obviously it depends on who they get to run it and what kind of freedom they have, but I am generally bullish on the idea of a company with the resources of the WWE that is not run by weird old man fiat.

• Like 2

Well as long as they keep doing these really long Youtube shows while they have 2 TV shows going on, there isn't that much dead weight.  But if they do cut the time on the shows as they really should, there are a lot of Factory guys really thankful they still work the indies

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Raziel said:

Mutoh needs another Big Name guy he shouldn't be beating to book himself over.

Keiji Mutoh (8:14 Shining Wizard --> pin) "Big Name" Bloat Schlitzcan

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Craig H said:

Oh god. If Pride were still a thing, they would have paid all the money to have Braun fight, um someone little.

There is still Bellator.  

For the right amount of money I am sure he would take a dive for a Paul in a boxing match.

Regarding Vince selling: the actions fit just as well him stepping down. He implemented a bunch of strong, respected figures like Khan and I guess that was what Horowitz should also have been and is making the bottom line look as good as possible to boost the stock price as much before he steps down, so that does not do a complete nosedive.

I see a lot of folks citing WCW 1998, but isn't it just as likely that AEW pulls a WWE circa 1995, where a glut of underappreciated released WCW talent comes in and is given a legit chance to get over? Brad Armstrong turns into the Road Dogg, Stunning Steve into Stone Cold, Jean Paul Levesque into HHH, Cactus into Mankind, etc... Tony Khan, for his many flaws, gives a shit about wrestling, and there are some talented wrestlers that became available today. If he gets the chance to make a personnel upgrade, he absolutely should.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Well as long as they keep doing these really long Youtube shows while they have 2 TV shows going on, there isn't that much dead weight.  But if they do cut the time on the shows as they really should, there are a lot of Factory guys really thankful they still work the indies

Dead weight in terms of guys that aren’t really very good and/or no one gives a shit about. 

Luther, Serpentico, Jack Evans, Angelico, Kip Sabian, Sonny Kiss, Joey Janela, Peter Avalon, Bononi, Ziggler’s brother, Nakazawa, Brandon Cutler, though I realize neither of those guys are likely going anywhere. Same for a majority of the Nightmare Family/Factory dudes too, but again, probably not going anywhere.

Edited by MKERyan
  • Like 1

Braun was in kind of a weird spot. It's clear that they didn't feel like he could be the guy (rightly imo) but he also doesn't seem like the kind of big man that could stay over while putting other people over, like Kane or Mark Henry for example. So if you don't want him carrying the big belt and you don't think he's much use as a stepping stone, then eventually you have to cut bait. I've never been a fan, though, so that's likely colouring my perception.

I don't really want to see any of them in AEW, because I feel like they got a good thing going with focus moving onto their "homegrown" guys. Lana maybe just to add to Miro's act. I'd love Riott to go to Impact and then have the odd AEW match via Forbidden Door shenanigans.

• Like 2