DVDVR Message Board

2021 The WWE Purge, Part 2

Pete

For folks still thinking Vince would never sell, Meltzer just made a subtle comment on Twitter that basically noted that the idea of selling has been kicked around ever since UFC went for $4 billion

• Like 2

So with no Ruby Riott and Sara Logan pretty much gone (not sure if she was officially released) it really really doesn't look good for Liv Morgan future.  I mean we saw what they came up with in her return

Edited by hammerva
  • Sad 1

It used to be that when people were released from WWE I felt bad for them, like where the fuck were Ricky Ortiz, Aksana, and Eric Escobar gonna go? But now? I'm pretty sick for the next year of AEW ?

• Like 4

I don't think Braun has anything to worry about.  The only way he doesn't show up in AEW is unless the fan just completely shits on the idea.  

I know the whole "wrestlers fired going to AEW" thing is tiresome, I would really love to see Buddy Murphy in AEW.  

Edited by hammerva

1 minute ago, RunningFromAmerica said:

Braun Strowman wow....

Lana I was surprised survived the last round. 

Last purge seemed to basically be all the people who complained about usage/not being used

This purge seems clearly to be related to $$$ as Lana got a big new deal either right before or right after Rusev left

• Sad 1

Seeing that Braun was a paid athlete for a bodybuilding company. Now that doesn't stand out as anything weird for a pro wrestler right? Well they were saying he was making like $30,000(!) a month. With WWE cracking down on outside income... a dude pulling in $360,000 a year from outside income (and doing workout vids for the same company paying Brian Cage & Kenny Omega) he is probably getting cut if he doesn't pull out of that deal.

• Like 1

Braun's a surprise even with the booking making him out to be a total idiot. Strowman's past paying bills comments right soured me on Strowman.

Aleister Black is brought back after months without getting used to be axed now.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

If only there was someplace on the internet that has spent literal years coming up with alternative names for Braun Strowman to use in his post-WWE career...

Hope all of these folks land on their feet. If/when the world gets back to a place where NJPW starts thinking about running tours in North America again, between Black, Murphy, Samoa Joe, and (I realize that he's been gone from WWE for a while) Andrade, there are suddenly a lot of names on the market that could anchor shows over here in conjunction with the talent they've been building up on Strong and whoever they decide to send over from their main roster.

Wouldn't be a shock to see some of these folks try to get deals that would allow them to split time between AEW and Japan, kinda like Moxley. Please end, pandemic.

Edited by Teflon Turtle
I foolishly forgot Joe.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, just drew said:

Murphy, Aleister, Ruby, Andrade, & Zelina all end up in AEW as soon as they can, right? I mean, that’s a given. Joe, too.

No, because at some point, Shad is going to tell Tony to stop handing out money and we *really* don't want AEW turning into 98 WCW with 23333 people under contract doing nothing 50% of the time.  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Raziel said:

No, because at some point, Shad is going to tell Tony to stop handing out money and we *really* don't want AEW turning into 98 WCW with 23333 people under contract doing nothing 50% of the time.  

Speak for yourself. I loved seeing random ass Marty Janetty vs Rick Martel and John Nord vs Bobby Eaton weirdness show up on Nitro.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, just drew said:

Murphy, Aleister, Ruby, Andrade, & Zelina all end up in AEW as soon as they can, right? I mean, that’s a given. Joe, too.

I'm not sure because there's only so much space in any wrestling company. AEW 's roster is already big.

1 minute ago, Raziel said:

Out of all of those people listed, I would only be interested in Tommy End and Lovelace.

• Like 2

Welcome to the indies, Bootstrap Strawson! Now, Heidi Lovelace coming back, that's a scene boost to wherever she goes. Ditto Tommy End (who probably  looked at Mox's last couple of years seething with jealousy, but can now theoretically do the same thing). 

• Like 1

Just now, Raziel said:

When talk about this in the WWE documentaries in 2025 this probably will be the narrative if they don't watch it.  

The money dries up eventually no matter what relation you are to the money

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Teflon Turtle said:

If only there was someplace on the internet that has spent literal years coming up with alternative names for Braun Strowman to use in his post-WWE career...

Time to pool our resources and start a fed.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

The Black release is cracking me up because they literally didn't use him for months upon months, then build up his return and now he is gone.

Poor Big E never gonna get his revenge

And those vignettes didn't look cheap either. Unreal.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Natural said:

I'm not sure because there's only so much space in any wrestling company. AEW 's roster is already big.

Ok. Tell Joey Janela and Serpentico bye then. You have a chance to raise the talent level of your wrestling company by bringing in better wrestlers. You also have a second show debuting in the fall. Cut some bottom feeders and add a few world class performers.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

What the hell is going on? Did Braun Strowman piss Vince off?

I feel like they were in a little bit of a box with him if they didn't feel they could go all the way with him but he didn't quite fit into the Kane spot either, that they likely felt their best option was to punt and hit the reset button down the road. 

Edited by Josh Mann
  • Sad 1

30 minutes ago, Pete said:

TOMMY END IS ALL ELITE

TOMMY! TOMMY! TOMMY FUCKIN END!

And PLEASE GIVE ME MURPHY IN NJPW. Like, that's all I want from these releases...Tommy End and Ruby in AEW, Murphy in NJPW. That's it. I hope the rest land on their feet.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, hammerva said:

When talk about this in the WWE documentaries in 2025 this probably will be the narrative if they don't watch it.  

The money dries up eventually no matter what relation you are to the money

I mean, that's pretty much EXACTLY what happened to TNA.

• Sad 1