DVDVR Message Board

LOKI (Disney+ Series)

So apparently these are shots from various Loki trailers that haven't been in any episodes yet. Knowing Marvel, it was deleted footage inserted into trailers just because, but... could be something.

6dokv6hsit971.jpg?width=760&auto=webp&s=

Wouldn't it be funny if Mobius turned out to be an alternate Howard Stark?

Same moustache.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Forgot to mention that I caught last night's episode. Richard E. Grant was as wonderful as I hoped. I loved seeing the various Lokis and how it inevitably turned into the free for all you would expect except for the few of them who had undergone real change.

• Like 2

what a fantastic episode, just had a smile on face the entire time; as for who the end big bad is, the ultimate evil Loki who got everything our Loki wanted makes narrative sense, but they've dropped enough Kang references to make me question....I'm going on a limb that Kang in the MCU IS a version of Loki who at some point gained the power to do all this, played by Jonathan Majors

Edited by ErinQuinn
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, ErinQuinn said:

what a fantastic episode, just had a smile on face the entire time; as for who the end big bad is, the ultimate evil Loki who got everything our Loki wanted makes narrative sense, but they've dropped enough Kang references to make me question....I'm going on a limb that Kang in the MCU IS a version of Loki who at some point gained the power to do all this, played by Jonathan Majors

Whenever people make a prediction like Kang, Mephisto, etc. it's never that.

I think regardless of whether or not he is the big bad there actually will be some Kang involvement. I don't really see a Loki able to create the TVA or overthrow it. It would have had to have been someone like Kang who helped him do it in either case. I also can't see Loki giving a crap about a sacred timeline. That feels more like a Kang issue to ensure his own rule in the future.

There is no sacred timeline.  It’s a con. The TVA exists to control time and produce an outcome where whoever is in charge rules all of time and space.  Which is definitley something a super evil Loki would have an interest in.

• Like 4

In fact, if they’re going that route, I think that in this episode they laid a significant amount of groundwork for Loki to be the guy behind it.  This episode definitley implies that 1) all Loki variants have access to the same powers and 2) those powers can be vastly greater than what we’ve seen thus far.  It’s just a matter of how their experiences in their own timelines developed those powers.

So, it’s feasible there’s a super evil Loki variant out there with the ability to conjure massive illusions like Classic Loki, but more stable (like, say, the TVA headquarters), and enchant people like Sylvie, but to such an extent that he can permanently alter their sense of identity (like the TVA variants).

I’m not saying that’s where they’re going, but if they are...there does seem to be a path to get there.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, EVA said:

In fact, if they’re going that route, I think that in this episode they laid a significant amount of groundwork for Loki to be the guy behind it.  This episode definitley implies that 1) all Loki variants have access to the same powers and 2) those powers can be vastly greater than what we’ve seen thus far.  It’s just a matter of how their experiences in their own timelines developed those powers.

So, it’s feasible there’s a super evil Loki variant out there with the ability to conjure massive illusions like Classic Loki, but more stable (like, say, the TVA headquarters), and enchant people like Sylvie, but to such an extent that he can permanently alter their sense of identity (like the TVA variants).

I’m not saying that’s where they’re going, but if they are...there does seem to be a path to get there.

Well, I’m convinced.

Edited by Matt D

Yeah I'm coming around on the idea that it's another Loki behind all of this - likely King Loki - and all of the Kang easter eggs are just a red herring for the "smartened up" Marvel fans. I do think the Kang theory holds more weight than Mephisto in WandaVision, but all things considered it makes more sense for this story for it to be another Loki.

• Like 1

I think Kang is alittle more believeable because we know he's showing up in some way in Ant-Man and it doesn't make sense because there's no reality where Scott matches up with Kang.

14 minutes ago, Raziel said:

I think Kang is alittle more believeable because we know he's showing up in some way in Ant-Man and it doesn't make sense because there's no reality where Scott matches up with Kang.

There was previously no reality where Cap matched up with Thor. The MCU has the tendency to flatten out everyone’s power levels.