DVDVR Message Board

LOKI (Disney+ Series)

Richard Grant in the role of old school Kirby Loki may have been the best thing I have seen in a long time.  Marvel Studios reverence and love for its own source materiel is astounding.

Thor_COL.jpg

If only Jack had got this kind of respect when he was alive...

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 6

I feel like there’s a lot to wrap up in one more episode, with Renslayer trying to find out who created the TVA, Mobius “burning down” the TVA, and then Loki and Sylvie doing their thing. 

I think my favorite part of this episode was, after showing all the Loki’s turning on each other and Classic Loki complaining about how they can never change, he goes and sacrifices himself for Loki and Sylvie. That gives me hope there won’t be a sudden but inevitable betrayal between Loki and Sylvie.

Maybe it’s just me, but it feels like they’re only building to a Kang reveal based on knowledge of comics and upcoming movies, but the show itself feels like it is building to a reveal of a Loki being behind it all. Revealing Kang as the guy behind it all will require a lot of heavy lifting by the finale since his identity hasn’t really been hinted at within the show.

I’m going back and forth between King Loki being behind it all, and Kang.

As long as Mobius gets to ride a jet ski by the end, I’ll be happy. And they don’t kill off Sylvie.

• Like 1

Sylvie is pretty much The Enchantress with another name and origin.  I think they will find a way to keep her around.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 2

I just hope Loki sticks the landing. I was disappointed with aspects of WandaVision/The Falcon and the Winter Soldier last episodes. I'd say Loki is the best Disney+ Marvel Studios Marvel Cinematic Universe show so far. From the Marvel Studios MCU shows I've seen, I'd only rate Daredevil Season 1 and Season 3 over it. Maybe Agent Carter Season 1 as well.

Ok ok ok ok ok...

I haven't read anything in here from today yet, but I'm 9 minutes in, I already laughed my ass off once, and then I about died looking at the Thanoscopter. Holy shit.

• Like 3

There was a time, back when it seemed like WandaVision was there to serve the rest of the MCU where I would have thought for sure this was all leading to Kang, but the math just doesn't work out. The breadcrumbs aren't there. Maybe if Owen Wilson was playing Kang all along or something and Kang was just another variant of Mobius. But they didn't put in the legwork for Kang. There's almost no way they could do it where it would be true and worthwhile to the show, you know? Some version of Ravonna, maybe? A Loki? Sure. A different Enchantress who made sure that every other version of female Loki was pruned? Why not? A crazy Miss Minutes that is sentient and out of control? I guess? But they didn't put in the work to give us Kang.

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, Matt D said:

There was a time, back when it seemed like WandaVision was there to serve the rest of the MCU where I would have thought for sure this was all leading to Kang, but the math just doesn't work out. The breadcrumbs aren't there. Maybe if Owen Wilson was playing Kang all along or something and Kang was just another variant of Mobius. But they didn't put in the legwork for Kang. There's almost no way they could do it where it would be true and worthwhile to the show, you know? Some version of Ravonna, maybe? A Loki? Sure. A different Enchantress who made sure that every other version of female Loki was pruned? Why not? A crazy Miss Minutes that is sentient and out of control? I guess? But they didn't put in the work to give us Kang.

I'm kinda OK with it being a Ravonna or Mobius Variant being behind the TVA but Kang gets the post credits Ala Thanos  and he gets to be the overarching big bad for a while until it shifts to Doom or Galactus when the F4 come on the board.

16 minutes ago, Raziel said:

I was very amused by the Loki's drinking boxed Roxxmart Wine in the Void.  Also with Kid Loki drinking a Hi-C box instead.

Pretty sure it was Ecto Cooler, too!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, christopher.annino said:

Pretty sure it was Ecto Cooler, too!

It was.

This show has been about Loki learning to be a better man/Asgardian/Frost Giant and overcoming his worst tendencies and fears that he is doomed to fail, so it makes a lot of sense for him to have to defeat an evil Loki who successfully achieved everything he wanted at the end.