DVDVR Message Board

LOKI (Disney+ Series)

The only thing I can glean from the Dates are 4 of them (Titan, Ego, and Asguard, and NYC) all tie into major events in the MCU (Removing Thanos, Quill, Thor, and SHIELD).  I can't place the other dates.  Although I guess removing Sakaar and Hala takes Hulk and Carol off the board too.  Xandar probably removes the rest of the Guardians.

I know that What If? is narrated by the Watcher, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't now wish it was a series revolving around Miss Minutes showing glimpses into timelines that were eventually reset.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

All this talk reminds me of the issue of What The--? that came in the giant Marvel box my folks bought me at Sam's Club one year for Xmas. 

Spoiler

624327.jpg

Now THAT stuff would make for a hell of a series/movie. Maybe animated? But R-rated, at least. It was fairly adult.

I remember it being real funny; even in my early age I could appreciate the irony and satire of it. The best story had the Marvel bar where Antman would shrink down and get sauced off one beer to avoid racking up a tab. 

Edited by Curt McGirt

2 hours ago, Casey said:

I know that What If? is narrated by the Watcher, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't now wish it was a series revolving around Miss Minutes showing glimpses into timelines that were eventually reset.

Sounds fun. I'd love to see Dum Dum Dugan bowl over some TVA goons. 

This is from Nerdist - what the dates could possibly be referencing

Spoiler
Timelines Lady Loki messes with:
  • 1492 Portugal: In 1492, Columbus sailed the ocean blue… not from Portugal, but his colonization of the West Indies in 1492 did encourage Portugal to draw up a treaty claiming ownership of vast swaths of land. Which is terrible.
  • 2301 Vormir: The planet where the Soul Stone was hidden in Avengers: Endgame.
  • 1551 Thornton, USA: ?
  • 1999 Cookeville, USA: ?
  • 2004 Asgard: This could be a reference to the young Thor series from 2004, Thor: Son of Asgard.
  • 1390 Rome: Papal drama was occurring as Pope Boniface IX “saw to it that Ladislaus was crowned King of Naples at Gaeta on 29 May 1390.
  • 1984 Sakaar: The battle planet we visited during Thor: Ragnarok and the setting of the now-classic Planet Hulk comic book story arc.
  • 1808 Barichara: The Cabrera municipality was set up on this date.
  • 1208 Porvoo: A city in Finland, but this date would have been pre-colonization by the Swedes.
  • 1382 Ego: Whatever it is, this occurred on Kurt Russell’s living planet as seen in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2.
  • 1982 Titan: This is the moon orbiting Saturn where Thanos hails from. It’s also the setting of Marvel’s first graphic novel, The Death of Captain Marvel by Jim Starlin, published in—you guessed it—1982.
  • 1947 New York: There was a smallpox outbreak in New York during 1947, but it’s also a key location for Agent Carter!
  • 1984 Japan: There were multiple disasters and new incoming political figureheads this year.
  • 0051 Hala: This is the home planet of the Kree.
  • 1999 Kingsport, USA: ?
  • 1991 Xandar: Homeworld of the Nova Corps. In 1991’s Quasar #20, the Fantastic Four teamed up with Quasar in an issue set between Earth and Xandar.
  • 2005 Beijing: In the comics Beijing sometimes holds the Eighth Gate a transdimensional portal.

And this is Screenrant's breakdown - https://screenrant.com/lady-loki-every-time-bombed-vormir-titan-ego/

Does it really help with anything... not really

3 hours ago, J.T. said:

Leave it to Roxxon Energy Corp to become the MCU's Wal-Mart.

I'm sure it's just me, but I also got a really big "Buy N Large" from Wall-E vibe from Roxxcart.

• Like 1

On 6/18/2021 at 8:56 PM, John from Cincinnati said:

The best kind of drama.

Reveal hidden contents

wink.gif 

In a swerve, the last four episodes are a dense, entirely special-effects-free historical drama about Loki resolving the Avignon antipapacy.

• Haha 3

E4dxb2NWEAEZ6mL?format=jpg&name=large

Just finished episode three. It's really good. A knackered TemPad sends Loki and Sylvie to the worst apocalypse possible. Both need to get on the ark to get the power to charge the TemPad up. Throughout the episode it's a very temporary truce before returning to not getting on. Loki breaks the TemPad as he's thrown from the ark angering Sylvie. Sylvie enchanted the minutemen guard to a time before she joined the TVA to put her at ease while asking where the Time Keepers are.  News to Loki as he was told all was created by the TVA. Sylvie says it's made up of Variants. Loki and Sylvie can't get back on the ark in time and the episode ends with them stuck on the doomed planet. It's a cool set piece, ditto for the fight sequences in this episode. First without Mobius.

Edited by The Natural

Halfway through Loki and it's really close between that and WandaVision for my favourite Disney+ MCU show. WandaVision finale had it's moments but it was probably my least favourite episode of the show. The Falcon and the Winter Soldier is definitely last for me though I still enjoyed it.

I’m shocked at how much I’m enjoying Loki, since I never cared for the character. WandaVision, towards the end of the show, is still the best. I just love Scarlet Witch, though.

• Like 2