DVDVR Message Board

LOKI (Disney+ Series)

1 hour ago, Matt D said:

My wife was mainly put off by the aesthetic relative to the level of technology they had.

I think that’s partly why I was getting The Good Place vibes, particularly the Bad Place and the Accounting Department.

• Like 1

On 6/9/2021 at 10:34 AM, Casey said:

the judge that was sentencing Loki early on in the episode is actually the lover of Kang the Conqueror in the comics. Fan expectation of him showing up in this before Ant-Man 3 might lead to another Mephisto situation from WandaVision, but I'd say this one is more likely due to the theme of the show.

Not to get us too much into that Mephisto Bohner territory, but the actress who played the judge is quite well known in the UK or at least a rising star and - 

Spoiler

She's in all 6 episodes too 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Matt D said:

My wife was mainly put off by the aesthetic relative to the level of technology they had.

I kind of like it. The TVA is sort of this like old world bureaucratic institution, like retro 50s/60s, very corporate and soul sucking.

• Like 5

14 hours ago, Craig H said:

Clearly Canadian is being made again. It tastes different than it used to taste. 

Now Orbitz soda on the other hand...

Oh, I'm aware. I can only get it at World Market now, and I've walked out of there having spent $60 on cases of Cherry Clearly Canadian. Still tastes pretty good and like I remember it IMO. But in the 90s, Clearly Canadian was totally my thing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheVileOne said:

I kind of like it. The TVA is sort of this like old world bureaucratic institution, like retro 50s/60s, very corporate and soul sucking.

On this tip, I like that Owen Wilson had a few lines that made me want to roll my eyes and go "Alright, bud. I'm sure being a TIME COP is soooo boring." Real fun.

Edited by John from Cincinnati
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Wait - I am so confused

Did folks actually think Marvel would cast Gugu Mbatha-Raw and then not have her be in all the episodes???

Were there any non-title characters that appeared in every episode of the other two shows? I dont think Agatha, Monica, Zemo or Sharon were in every episode. I wouldnt be shocked if Mobius is not in every episode. 

15 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Were there any non-title characters that appeared in every episode of the other two shows? I dont think Agatha, Monica, Zemo or Sharon were in every episode. I wouldnt be shocked if Mobius is not in every episode. 

Kathryn Hahn (Agatha) was the only person not named Wanda or Vision to be in all episodes of that show and she is probably on par with GMR in terms of name recognition and certainly beyond any of the others you named (And everyone and their mother were in all 6 F/WS eps - John Walker, Karli, multiple Flagsmashers)

And Owen Wilson is in all 6 Loki episodes. Him not being in all of them would be silly (especially since you are talking 6 episodes not the 9 from Wandavision)

59 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Wait - I am so confused

Did folks actually think Marvel would cast Gugu Mbatha-Raw and then not have her be in all the episodes???

I think it depends on whether you follow casting or not.  I don’t think I’ve seen anything she’s been in, but I knew she was playing a major character and assumed she’d be in most, if not all, of the episodes.

• Like 1

Owen Wilson is my new comic book show All Star. He's absolutely great as Pat Dugan on Stargirl, playing it as simple and appropriate for the tone of what's a kid's show that's wonderful. In Loki he's taking a totally different stab, and he's just as great.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Am I the only one who got some Umbrella Academy vibes from this?

I did find the online discourse about the worthless Inifinity stones to be pretty funny, since the show literally explained why they are worthless.

Owen Wilson was a surprisingly good casting choice for this.