DVDVR Message Board

June 2021 Wrestling Imagery

15 hours ago, HumanChessgame said:

I think it's the phallus museum in Iceland.

There's a museum in Napoli, Italy dedicated to the artwork of Pompeii and there's a lot of phallic "inspiration" and themes there too

...I just wanted to enjoy a study abroad and the last day we got stuck in a museum looking at schvantzes all day =(

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Pete said:

0x0.jpg%3FcropX1=0&cropX2=2804&cropY1=13

"NEW AEW FIGURES!  SO CLOSE TO THE REAL THING IT'S LIKE BEING IN THE RING!"

Sorry, I had flashbacks to those lovely Hasbro commercials.  But it's neat to think that one day they'll all be figures and if you really want to you could recreate this.  Yes, even TK for better or for worse.

• Haha 4

20 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

That Inoki clip is incredible. He literally took a single beat before slapping the guy, no reaction time at all, as if he knew it was gonna happen. 

That's just how Inoki reacts to everything

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

LMAO I think I heard about this online but had never seen video before.

Wolfie D fights like he has fought (and beat) a lot of dudes in the parking lot of a Circle K.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Pete said:

0x0.jpg%3FcropX1=0&cropX2=2804&cropY1=13

Other than swapping out Spears for Jungle Boy or maybe Penta, I really like who they picked for the shoot. (Although Brandi doesn't belong, especially while pregnant, but there isn't a way this shoot doesn't have both Cody and Brandi lol)

• Like 1

Towards the end of the Last Daddy Standing match:

E38T0x_XMAEtVdZ?format=jpg&name=large

nb: Special rules. You can only win if your opponent is off their feet, and you're sitting in Daddy's Chair.

EDIT: And the post-match "Let's be friends again spot":

Spoiler

E387dMEWUAYahSg?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by AxB
  • Like 6

3 hours ago, AxB said:

Towards the end of the Last Daddy Standing match:

E38T0x_XMAEtVdZ?format=jpg&name=large

nb: Special rules. You can only win if your opponent is off their feet, and you're sitting in Daddy's Chair.

EDIT: And the post-match "Let's be friends again spot":

Hide contents

E387dMEWUAYahSg?format=jpg&name=large

Watched it last night and I loved it. Effy's entrance was great.

If I was the WWE, I would be stealing the chair gimmick immediately. Do a King of the Ring where the final match is a last man standing where the winner must be sitting in the throne while the count is administered

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Infinit said:

Other than swapping out Spears for Jungle Boy or maybe Penta, I really like who they picked for the shoot. (Although Brandi doesn't belong, especially while pregnant, but there isn't a way this shoot doesn't have both Cody and Brandi lol)

They kayfabed it with no Elite so missing their World Champ and Tag Champs, which is questionable. Also no Miro so boo. But a pretty good cross-section nonetheless.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, elizium said:

Watched it last night and I loved it. Effy's entrance was great.

If I was the WWE, I would be stealing the chair gimmick immediately. Do a King of the Ring where the final match is a last man standing where the winner must be sitting in the throne while the count is administered

I'm fairly sure if WWE do it, it'll be Roman vs Jimmy vs Jey in a Head of the Table match. So they can get the visual of Roman on the Throne, while his own family members lie battered and broken amidst the debris of the smashed up table.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Love behind the scenes footage like this, Kane in 1997 before his debut that year in the first ever Hell in a Cell match: Shawn Michaels vs. The Undertaker at In Your House 18: Badd Blood. Everything about the match is perfect.

• Commissioner Slaughter checking underneath the ring before the Hell in a Cell was lowered.
  • The original Hell in a Cell is so much better than The replacements.
  • The commentary by Vince McMahon, Jim Ross and Jerry Lawler. Last PPV Vince would do full time.
  • The Dead Man out for revenge for Shawn Michaels' actions, taking his time with the beating.
  • Both Undertaker and Shawn Michaels using the Cell as a weapon.
  • The camera man getting attacked playing up Shawn Michaels reputation as a pain in the fucking arse.
  • The above leading to a plausible reason for both to escape the cage.
  • All the stuff outside the Cell. Undertaker's slingshot/javelin to Michaels busting him open, the press slam on the Cell roof, 'Taker standing on Michaels' hands so he goes through the announcers table, 'Taker hip tosses and press slams Shawn onto the table and the broken bits of the one HBK went through.
  • Undertaker chokeslams Shawn from the top turnbuckle.
  • Undertaker with a sick chairshot to Shawn's head calling back to the SummerSlam 1997 finish when Michaels, the Special Guest Referee hit Undertaker with a steel chair swinging for Bret Hart costing Undertaker his WWF Championship.
  • Kane debuts after months of teases. What presentation: Kane's look, the entrance music, the lighting, the fire, "That's gotta be Kane!" and Kane's Tombstone Piledriver using Undertaker's own finisher.
  • Shawn crawls from a pool of his own blood to steal the win and is the #1 contender to the WWF Championship held by Bret Hart at the Survivor Series.

I became a wrestling fan at the age of five and I've never wavered. Out of the wrestling matches I watched as a kid growing up, four have stayed with me to this day in this order:

1. Bret Hart vs. Steve Austin, WrestleMania 13. *****.

2. Bret Hart vs. Owen Hart, WrestleMania X. *****.

3. Shawn Michaels vs. The Undertaker, In Your House 18: Badd Blood 1997. *****.

4. Shawn Michaels vs. Mankind, In Your House 10: Mind Games 1996. *****.

• Like 1