DVDVR Message Board

June 2021 Wrestling Discussion

15 minutes ago, Wyld Samurai said:

Whatever happened to the M-Pro dude that wore all green and was thrown into the M-Pro 10 man for the ECW shows on the Sasuke/Hamada side? Did he go on to having a good career?

Masato Yakushiji?  He was good but had a fairly undistinguished career pretty much entirely in MPro and Osaka Pro.  I think injuries cut his in-ring career short.

He was great as a guy to come in and do neat headscissors and shit in multi-mans, though.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

Masato Yakushiji?  He was good but had a fairly undistinguished career pretty much entirely in MPro and Osaka Pro.  I think injuries cut his in-ring career short.

He was great as a guy to come in and do neat headscissors and shit in multi-mans, though.

That's the guy! When I saw him in ECW I figured he was there to take the place of Super Delfin or Naniwa.

Yakushiji was a really fun guy and his team.. I wanna say Hoshikawa (the guy that got crippled by that prick Takaiwa in Z1) was fun. They had a good run in MPro, even winning the Tag League one year but he left with Delfin to form Osaka Pro because he got tired of the honor of polishing the silver bust of Sasuke as opposed to actually being paid. He wrecked his back and went to become a chiropractor if I recall.

James 

Edited by J.H.
  • Like 1

So the Forbes article about AEW came out. Then some internet prankster made up a fake quote saying the company pays seven figures to Meltzer four times a year, said he took it from Forbes, and lots and lots of idiots believed it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, AxB said:

So the Forbes article about AEW came out. Then some internet prankster made up a fake quote saying the company pays seven figures to Meltzer four times a year, said he took it from Forbes, and lots and lots of idiots believed it. 

TIL I'm older than Tony Khan. ?

48 minutes ago, ChesterCopperpot said:

The lesser known Flair promo after he won his 2nd WWF title - I had never seen this before until the other night

Man I really do think the Flair package was so much better with Mr Perfect & Heenan than JJ Dillon. 

• Like 2

Well this fucking sucks

Don West announced that he has been diagnosed with brain lymphoma.

“Hello everybody,

Don West here to tell you about how disappointed I am not to be talking about the Seattle Seahawks, the Mariners, the Wenatchee Wild and everything else that we love to talk about every day on the Don West Show.

Many of you have wondered where I have been and why the show is on hiatus. So I want to share this news directly with you. I have been diagnosed with a brain lymphoma and will begin immediate treatment.

I want to thank my wife Terri for her love and support, my family and everyone that works at Cherry Creek Media and KPQ. I also want to thank the Don West Show’s incredible sponsors and my friends for all the prayers that are coming my way. I am praying the chemotherapy will help me heal faster and hopefully I’ll be back on the radio soon.

I can’t wait until this is all over and I can be back with you all again, I love you all!

Don West”

• Sad 14

5 hours ago, ChesterCopperpot said:

The lesser known Flair promo after he won his 2nd WWF title - I had never seen this before until the other night

I'm pretty sure they showed that on Superstars. I had that on one of my old VHSs when I taped everything back in the day.

• Like 1

Damn, that's sad news about Don West, I hope he kicks it's ass. I was a big fan of his long before TNA existed when he was selling baseball cards overnight on Shop at Home. I have great memories of staying up late with my dad as a kid specifically to watch him. I wish him good health, good luck, and endless gem mint 10s.

3 hours ago, Infinit said:

I'm pretty sure they showed that on Superstars. I had that on one of my old VHSs when I taped everything back in the day.

Yeah,  it was on one of the first ones they put on the Network.  I think I saw that there for the first time about a year and a half ago. 

4 hours ago, Infinit said:

Yeah, I remember seeing it on Superstars as well. They showed clips from the match as well. Was the match ever released on any of the Flair DVD's they put out? I think it was originally on some Coliseum home video. 

25 minutes ago, Phantom Lord said:

Yeah, I remember seeing it on Superstars as well. They showed clips from the match as well. Was the match ever released on any of the Flair DVD's they put out? I think it was originally on some Coliseum home video. 

Maybe my memory is a bit off, but that was one of the worst world title change matches I've ever seen, and it's Savage vs Flair of all people. I can see why Vince hated it and made them do it again, and it was literally the same match, per Bret.

It probably would've been way better had they done it at The SummerSlam.

One of my favorite parts of that title change...earlier in the show Savage, who had a bad knee, was being interviewed when Razor Ramon interrupted.  Razor ended up flicking his toothpick at him, when Randy goes,"I THINK YOU DROPPED YOUR TOOTHPICK" which started a brawl. That line still cracks me up ?

10 hours ago, PetrolCB said:

Maybe my memory is a bit off, but that was one of the worst world title change matches I've ever seen, and it's Savage vs Flair of all people. I can see why Vince hated it and made them do it again, and it was literally the same match, per Bret.

It probably would've been way better had they done it at The SummerSlam.

Dude, I said this EXACT same thing some months back. Your memory is correct.

And the crowd is absolutely dead. The version I saw on Dailymotion, I think it's pieced together from the first attempt and the second attempt. The entrances and the early part of the match seem to be the first one that Vince didn't like. However, at some point, Randy appears to look like he just did a 60 minute broadway cause he's sweating profusely and his hair is messed up. 

• Like 1