DVDVR Message Board

June 2021 Wrestling Discussion

1 hour ago, clintthecrippler said:

Samoa Joe cosplaying as 1984 Bill Watts in NXT? That's something I didn't know I wanted until now.

Goddamn I was just about to post that I could really get behind "Walking Tall" Samoa Joe.

Great minds, etc etc ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Infinit said:

Goddamn I was just about to post that I could really get behind "Walking Tall" Samoa Joe.

Great minds, etc etc ?

I said it last night in one of the nine million other threads about it. ?

• Like 2

WWE stuff

From Pwinsider:

"Scott Smoot, who had been let go by WWE during the advent of the COVID-19 pandemic, has returned to the company as Vice President of Live Event Production.  We are told the company is the middle of bringing back some and hiring others for the live events department as they prepare for their return to touring. "

Superstars are back on cameo for a limited time around ppvs.

WWE applied for trademarks for Ethereal Spirit and E:Spirit.

Edited by D.Z

57 minutes ago, D.Z said:

From Pwinsider:

"Scott Smoot, who had been let go by WWE during the advent of the COVID-19 pandemic, has returned to the company as Vice President of Live Event Production.  We are told the company is the middle of bringing back some and hiring others for the live events department as they prepare for their return to touring. "

But ... but ... "budget cuts"?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Eoae said:

I guess you’d prefer he didn’t get his job back?

Granted, that would give people more reason to complain.

I think his point is that it was bullshit that they were laying people off in the first place, given their record profits. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, John from Cincinnati said:

If Joe can wrestle and is in an authority role, that really helps solve the problem of Regal never getting to have that odd one-off match with one of the problem children such as Dunne or Cole or whoever would count as such these days. 

Meltzer said that if Joe goes back to NXT and he’s an authority figure it’s probably a good indication that he’s not cleared by WWE. But Triple H wanted him back, so…

33 minutes ago, Custos said:

WWE continuing the streak of sneaker-sounding kayfabe names after LA Knight.

Should have a Tag Partner called British Gear.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Joe Will do well in that Role. Regal was Perfect in that role as well as he was as WWE Commissioner, possibly the best on air Authority figure they've ever had. Both Joe and Regal do very well at owning it when given a speaking role.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, D.Z said:

WWE stuff

From Pwinsider:

Superstars are back on cameo for a limited time around ppvs.

WWE applied for trademarks for Ethereal Spirit and E:Spirit.

But really they're probably only going to use him to measure the length of the ring entryways.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Spontaneous said:

If you pre-ordered their show then it sounds like you aren't getting any money back. No surprises there. 

?? According to Cubsfan article, 

Federacion Wrestling’s debut show on Saturday will not occur. The promotion is offering refunds to those who bought tickets through them and suggests those who brought the show through PPV store Coin Access to contact them or file a Paypal claim. (Coin Access redirects people back towards Federacion for refunds in a message that’s been edited to become increasingly hysterical; filling a claim through Paypal is your best bet.)

Cubsfan's article is well worth a read.  It's short and hilariously cynical about the state of wrestling in Mexico.

23 minutes ago, Eoae said:

?? According to Cubsfan 

Yeah, there is no clear way. If you used PayPal, then you're good. I wouldn't expect getting referred back to the DOA promotion to get any results. 

• Like 1