DVDVR Message Board

June 2021 Wrestling Discussion

Also - Meltzer said the WWE stock bump was partially due to the stock being recommended on WallStreetBets so that could end up being comical 

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Spontaneous said:

Gotta be Nick Gage vs Jon Moxley on that then. Could be a fun weekend. 

At this point I’m probably 60/40 on going. Got plenty of time to think about it and see what else pops up as well. 

1 hour ago, HumanChessgame said:

Add AOP to seemingly unfuckubaple acts that WWE managed to drop the ball on.

I don't think Akam constantly getting hurt is on WWE.

• Sad 1

First names being advertised for the supershows live events, Roman Reigns, Bobby Lashley, Bianca Belair, Rhea Ripley, Drew McIntyre, Rey Mysterio, Randy Orton, Dominik Mysterio, AJ Styles, Omos, Sheamus, Riddle, Jey Uso, Jimmy Uso, Bayley.

On 6/8/2021 at 7:53 AM, The Natural said:

My interest in WWE is at an all time low and judging by the lack of replies to WWE threads, I'm not alone. It's the quietest I've seen said topics and I've been here since September 2005.

Several of us who were commenting regularly stopped because we got tired of the name-calling and being told how dumb we were for following WWE.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Granted it's been a few years since I've seen anything WWE related... But has AOP even been around the last couple of years? The last thing I remember from them was their call-up and then quick dismissal of Ellering... And then I think they were on Main Event.

4 hours ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

Several of us who were commenting regularly stopped because we got tired of the name-calling and being told how dumb we were for following WWE.

I try not to name-call but I'm possibly/probably as guilty of #2 as anyone, so I want to say I'm really sorry for that. The last thing I'd want to do is discourage anyone from participating and having a good time here. If I was at all a part of that, please know my frustration was with WWE, and not you guys.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Wyld Samurai said:

Granted it's been a few years since I've seen anything WWE related... But has AOP even been around the last couple of years? The last thing I remember from them was their call-up and then quick dismissal of Ellering... And then I think they were on Main Event.

They were on TV off-and-on till the end of 2019.  After their initial push fizzled, they got repackaged with Spud as their manager and got a decent push for awhile.  IRRC, one of them blew out his knee and they disappeared from TV.  At the end of 2019, they reappeared on TV and joined Seth Rollin's faction (Seth-Buddy Murphy-AOP).  One of them got hurt again and they disappeared for about six months then got released in the fall of 2020.

I liked them a fair bit and thought Seth-Buddy-AOP could have been a fun heel unit, but I never thought they were can't-miss prospects.  They were average workers and neither one showed a lot of personality or had mic skills.  They probably needed someone like Ellering to talk for them and probably needed to be kept together.

I basically thought of them in the same vein as Braun - decent enough big men in an era when you don't get a lot of outstanding big men, but no one you'd think too much about if you put them on a roster with better big men of the past.  I dunno that'd we be talking about AOP if they wrestled for WCW in the late 80's, for example, and had to get over on a roster that had the Steiners, Skyscrapers, Road Warriors, SST, Doom, etc.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, D.Z said:

First names being advertised for the supershows live events, Roman Reigns, Bobby Lashley, Bianca Belair, Rhea Ripley, Drew McIntyre, Rey Mysterio, Randy Orton, Dominik Mysterio, AJ Styles, Omos, Sheamus, Riddle, Jey Uso, Jimmy Uso, Bayley.

Cool. I'm taking my nephew and two of his friends to the one in Denver the day after Summerslam. That's a lot of their favorites. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Eoae said:

They were average workers and neither one showed a lot of personality or had mic skills.

I disagree with this. They were solid-good and had a good contrast from all of the other teams in WWE at the time both size and style wise. Beyond that they actually showed themselves to have pretty solid promo skills when they were speaking their own languages. They came across as dangerous badasses when doing so. 

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 3

We are gonna see FMW-E also do shows in USA if everything works out. 60 percent of their distribution ticket purchasers for their upcoming show are from overseas.

Edited by D.Z
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Eivion said:

I disagree with this. They were solid-good and had a good contrast from all of the other teams in WWE at the time both size and style wise. Beyond that they actually showed themselves to have pretty solid promo skills when they were speaking their own languages. They came across as dangerous badasses when doing so. 

I was gonna say this. That was pretty cool when they had the pre-tapes where they were in the nice suits and talking about hurting people. They probably did need a manager all the time, though. Zelina would've been good for them I think. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

If I did that I'm sorry. I try to save my vitriol for the Jackson family, where such a thing is warranted. 

Also, the GCW/Cardona stuff has actually been really fun, and him showing up completely shrouded and doing all Mox's mannerisms and hitting Gage with the Death Rider before taking his hood off and the crowd going nuclear because they were pissed it was him was awesome. I've always kind of rooted for Cardona, because he seemed to just want an opportunity, so I hope he gets to do the things he wants to now on the Indys.

Plus, I imagine it'll be Gage/Cardona bc Mox will be welcoming a little one around that time.

• Like 1

Re: SummerSlam being Saturday the 21st because they would not rent out the building on the 22nd: Guns N' Roses are scheduled to play the stadium on the 27th. I am guessing the teardown/setup time wasn't going to work.

14 minutes ago, Dewar said:

Re: SummerSlam being Saturday the 21st because they would not rent out the building on the 22nd: Guns N' Roses are scheduled to play the stadium on the 27th. I am guessing the teardown/setup time wasn't going to work.

Insert joke about "Everyone knows you'll get an extra 12 hours with Axl" here.

10 minutes ago, Raziel said:

Insert joke about "Everyone knows you'll get an extra 12 hours with Axl" here.

Insert joke about it being some time warp where it's 1991 and GnR's popularity exceeds that of WWF's to the point where it takes top priority for the venue.

WWE better hope Pearl Jam and Red Hot Chili Peppers are off around November, late January, and early April or they're fucked.

• Like 1