DVDVR Message Board

NJPW Dominion 2021.

The Natural

Announced by NJPW:

IWGP World Heavyweight Championship: Kazuchika Okada vs. Shingo Takagi

IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Championship: El Desperado (c) vs. YOH

Kota Ibushi vs. Jeff Cobb

I was hoping Minoru Suzuki would win the vacant IWGP World Heavyweight Championship. My other preferences were Tomohiro Ishii and Shingo Takagi so least one of them made it. I'm a big fan of Kazuchika Okada but I'd like Shingo Takagi as the new IWGP Heavyweight Champion. I think Gedo will go with Okada though.

E2e1_egWUAYWHgs?format=jpg&name=small

I understand why Kazuchika Okada will win but I'd rather go with someone new in Shingo Takagi. We wouldn't be in this position if Takagi won the New Japan Cup and beat Kota Ibushi for the IWGP World Heavyweight Championship in the first place rather than Will Ospreay.

Edited by The Natural

On 5/31/2021 at 1:12 AM, ka-to said:

There could be a year of badly needed fresh title matches by going with Shingo.

I'm not sure that we really need it. How many title matches are we going to get this year after Dominion? 2-3? They can easily find something for Okada there.

And both main events from Road to shows are worth checking out, Tekkers vs GoD was mostly bullshit free and fun, while Yoshi continues to shine with trios titles.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Archibald said:

I'm not sure that we really need it. How many title matches are we going to get this year after Dominion? 2-3? They can easily find something for Okada there.

And both main events from Road to shows are worth checking out, Tekkers vs GoD was mostly bullshit free and fun, while Yoshi continues to shine with trios titles.

Spoiler

Relieved Dangerous Tekkers are IWGP Tag Team Champions again. Never should have lost them to GoD at Wrestle Kingdom 15. Stupid decision. No more Tekkers vs. GoD matches. Keep the belts on Tekkers for a long time.

• Like 1

IWGP World Heavyweight Championship result. SPOILERS.

Spoiler

Shingo Takagi is the new IWGP World Heavyweight Champion. Right result. Pleasantly surprised going Shingo's way. We wouldn't be in this position if Takagi won the New Japan Cup and beat Kota Ibushi for the IWGP World Heavyweight Championship in the first place rather than Will Ospreay. Better late than never.

Edited by The Natural

Spoiler

SHINGO! Caught it on my lunch break and nearly jumped out of my seat. Great match, what a great final few minutes there. So rare to see the right guy win at the right time. 

Caught the end to LIJ-Suzuki Gun. Naito/Sanada-Sabre/Taichi would be an awesome match. 

• Like 1