DVDVR Message Board

2021 NBA OFFSEASON

Dolfan in NYC

3 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Fun fact: Kyrie will still get game checks for the road games, because the team is sitting him, so it's basically a DNP-CD.

Millions of dollars to do nothing. Good work if you can get it.

I mean, the last several years of Kyrie's career have lead to this, tbh.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Fun fact: Kyrie will still get game checks for the road games, because the team is sitting him, so it's basically a DNP-CD.

Millions of dollars to do nothing. Good work if you can get it.

I would imagine California games would be an exception to that.

1 hour ago, Kuetsar said:

I would imagine California games would be an exception to that.

And the games in Illinois, North Carolina, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, etc., etc.

I think I worked it out and he'd be eligible to play in about 25 games. I honestly feel bad for KD who left a good situation to join up with this flat-earth believing sociopath. 

But, you lie down with dog, you get fleas. ??‍♂️

• Like 3

Just for the record - the NBA stated that the local mandates only apply to the home team so Irving will only not be paid for the Nets 41 home games and the 2 games to be played in MSG (the quirk of having 2 teams in one city)

Unless he changes his mind - he will forfeit $16.4 million in base salary and not hit any of his incentives

Now mind you - the NBPA is challenging the NBA on the pay thing (they are disagreeing on the interpretation of the CBA) and trying to say that any player missing games due to the local mandate should still be paid.

Zion is still out with a foot injury and is getting re-evaluated in two weeks.  The most that the Pels will commit to is that they expect him back "sometime in the regular season," which doesn't sound great.

He's also put back on a fair bit of weight based on his preseason photo.  To be expected since he's been injured for the offseason but it does mean that when he does come back he'll have to play his way back into shape.

Seems like the Pelicans are gonna be going through it again this year.

Simple:

1)Trash Simmons publicly and privately, alienating him from the team and hurting his trade value

2)Ask for a return on a trade that would have been laughable even before you did step 1

3)Process!

4)Ringzzzz, baybeee

I cannot believe the Sixers have made me sympathetic to Ben Simmons but here we are.

Edited by Zimbra