DVDVR Message Board

2021 NBA OFFSEASON

Dolfan in NYC

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

The NBA - I guess clarified is the best word - that players who can't play in games due to local mandates will not be paid for those games

*Kyrie Irving's Lawyer has entered the chat*

• Haha 1

I can't wait until Kyrie has a epithany and realizes Allah is actually just hunky dory with getting jabbed if it means you continue to get paid.

I"m sure he'll hold a press conference and try to tell me about it.  Or at least tell me about as best he can giving one-word answers and generally acting surly.

• Like 1

The Sixers have declined to pay Ben Simmons the $8.25 million he was due yesterday since he, you know, isn't showing up to work.

Apparently his new plan is to report to camp but say he's injured, which feels like it would be a much better plan if he didn't tell everyone that beforehand.

On 9/30/2021 at 5:46 PM, RIPPA said:

Michael Porter Jr - who, oh btw has had COVID twice - says he is refusing to get vaccinated

Honestly the funniest part of this was TMZ calling him "one of the best players in the NBA" instead of "the 2nd or 3rd best Nugget"

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Tabe said:

Here's hoping the NBA continues to call plays like this the same way during the regular season and playoffs.  This is glorious and getting rid of this nonsense will improve the game:

https://twitter.com/WorldWideWob/status/1445214530049478663

Is this why James Harden, Trae Young, Kyle Lowry, and Steph Curry all just announced their retirements?  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

So I wanted to get in here and talk about how much potential the Dallas offense showed last night, and how I liked the motion and focus on getting to the rim. I liked how the new hires looked.

But I came away thinking that Utah got a steal with drafting Jared Butler. Dude already looks like a contributor, and learning under Mike Conley will be huge for him.

The Los Angeles City Council is requiring proof of vaccination to enter "indoor business" which includes the Staples Center so add the Lakers and Clippers to the list of teams who need their players to be vaccinated to play and practice at home

Now that being said - both teams claim to be 100% vaccinated

• Like 2

This might be the best thing that could have happened to Kyrie. He's been telling us for years that he was put on this Earth for more important things than just playing basketball.  Now he can devote all his attention to educating the masses and solving the world's problems without being distracted.

Personally, I wish him well.  Go with God, as the saying goes (well, Allah in this case).  I just hope he doesn't go towards anyone with a camera or a microphone in their hand, cause I'm tired of seeing his dour sourpuss face on my monitor.

Spoiler

I don't expect him to miss much of the season, if any.  If I had to put money on an outcome, I'd guess he has a religious epiphany and realizes Allah is hunky-dory with getting vaccinated if it means he keeps getting paid.

Shams is apparently taking the role of Kyrie's water holder in an Athletic article that clarifies Irving's position as a selfish moron and Charnia as an obsequious idiot. 

Irving also went on IG live tonight and said "Everybody is entitled to do what they feel is best for themselves." This holds up to about 0.04 seconds of scrutiny.  

Oh boy this is going to get worse before it gets better