DVDVR Message Board

2021 NBA OFFSEASON

Dolfan in NYC

Sixers might have well asked for a 25% ownership stake of the Raptors while they were at it.  If that's what they think the return on a Ben Simmons trade will look like...well, more power to them.

• Like 2

CJ McCollum. I will bang this trade until Dame is outta Portland. Even if he's staying, he's made it clear the team isn't good enough so shitbum Olshey has to do something. God, he sucks tho. As much as I want the closest team to me to do well and want Dame to succeed, he's probably going to have to leave. 

On 7/27/2021 at 6:08 PM, Jiji said:

CJ McCollum. I will bang this trade until Dame is outta Portland. Even if he's staying, he's made it clear the team isn't good enough so shitbum Olshey has to do something. God, he sucks tho. As much as I want the closest team to me to do well and want Dame to succeed, he's probably going to have to leave. 

There's a theoretical way that Dame and Simmons could be a more athletic Steph and Draymond. Running that pick n roll where Simmons can get that 4 on 3 heading to the basket, etc.

And Simmons might be the best night to night one on one defender in the NBA right now.

Cade Cunningham will be selected #1 overall by Detroit, per Woj.

Also, the 6ers are determined to trade Ben Simmons by tonight.  They are asking for 7 draft picks.  

AND a star player.  

(lolxers)

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Also, the 6ers are determined to trade Ben Simmons by tonight.  They are asking for 7 draft picks.  

AND a star player.  

(lolxers)

Report is Philly and GS were in negotiations for Simmons.  

Philly wanted Wiggins, Wiseman, the No. 7 & No. 14 pick, and two more future 1's. 

That ended the conversation.  

Meanwhile, back on planet Earth:

Detroit is sending Mason Plumlee and their 2 (37th overall) to Charlotte for one of their 2's (57th overall)

• Haha 1

So, apparently Kawhi's eligible to get 35% of the team's cap (Just shy of ~$40M).  And if he only signs a 1 year deal with the Clips, they get his Bird rights and can sign him for even more. 

So, as much fun as it is to think he's going to walk... he's probably staying put. ?

As of now, it looks like Duncan Robinson is staying in Miami.  As an RFA, he's probably going to get a deal in the $16-18m range, which the Heat will match.  

They are also looking on ways to acquire DeMar DeRozan  (without having to give up Tyler Herro in a trade).