DVDVR Message Board

2021 NBA OFFSEASON

Dolfan in NYC

You know what will get me to finally give up on my team? Driving away a your once in a lifetime, generational 22 year old superstar talent by hiring Jason fucking Kidd, instead of the one dude that said superstar would like to actually play for.

Like, I can't help but think that Cuban expects Luka to be like Dirk and just gut everything out, when that is so far from the reality of it all. Kid wants to be a star and a champion, that's it.

Edited by RandomAct
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, RandomAct said:

You know what will get me to finally give up on my team? Driving away a your once in a lifetime, generational 22 year old superstar talent by hiring Jason fucking Kidd, instead of the one dude that said superstar would like to actually play for.

Like, I can't help but think that Cuban expects Luka to be like Dirk and just gut everything out, when that is so far from the reality of it all. Kid wants to be a star and a champion, that's it.

To go with this

On that same Hoop Collective podcast, ESPN’s Tim MacMahon suggested that former Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle may have felt threatened in Dallas by assistant Jamahl Mosley‘s close relationship with Luka Doncic (hat tip to RealGM). Carlisle’s endorsement of Jason Kidd for the job could be viewed through that lens. “I think Rick understood the perception of how (the endorsement of Kidd) might impact who he didn’t endorse,” MacMahon said, adding of Carlisle and Mosley: “I don’t think those guys will necessarily send each other Christmas cards.”

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

To go with this

Oh I felt like Rick was throwing a pipebomb with that quote from the start. At first I thought he just wanted to take Mose to Indiana with him, but now it just looks like he wanted to cause chaos.

15 hours ago, RandomAct said:

Oh I felt like Rick was throwing a pipebomb with that quote from the start. At first I thought he just wanted to take Mose to Indiana with him, but now it just looks like he wanted to cause chaos.

Here I was thinking it was just a reference to how both Kidd and Luka liked to yell in his face multiple times a game.

5 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Here I was thinking it was just a reference to how both Kidd and Luka liked to yell in his face multiple times a game.

Oh that was heavily implied too. One thing I have learned from following all the Dallas sports media accounts over the years, and reading Carlisle interviews, is that there is almost always something he's trying to say underneath what he actually says.

How come I'm hearing of Chauncey Billups' rape case for the first time yesterday? And of course the media portrays Kidd as a great guy and I found out about his domestic assault on here from the legend CharlieMurphyDVDVR. 

2 hours ago, Jiji said:

How come I'm hearing of Chauncey Billups' rape case for the first time yesterday? And of course the media portrays Kidd as a great guy and I found out about his domestic assault on here from the legend CharlieMurphyDVDVR. 

Because the remaining sports news outlets are all deeply in bed with the leagues they cover so they refuse to push on any kind of scandal?

I miss real Deadspin.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

Because the remaining sports news outlets are all deeply in bed with the leagues they cover so they refuse to push on any kind of scandal?

I miss real Deadspin.

To be honest, it happened in 1997. I totally might have heard about it at the time, but have no recollection of it today lol

I'm going to be so sad if Dame requests a trade. They should be mortgaging their future to build a winner right now. CJ for Simmons still makes a lot of sense to me. 

Talk of Kawhi unhappy with the clips' doctors and he may be outta there this summer. Uncle Dennis back at it again! 

Never a dull moment with the NBA. 

I like both Barea and Terry as people and as players but goddamn, the prime of a potential franchise player is not the time to fuck around and hire all your friends.

Scott Pippen hasn't stopped talking and today he said that Phil Jackson is racist

Why??? you may ask. Because he drew up the play for Tony Kukoc

(This is from being on the Dan Patrick show today)

He has decided to shit on Michael Jordan too 

https://www.tmz.com/2021/06/28/scottie-pippen-calls-phil-jackson-racist-chicago-bulls/

Team USA has announced their men's roster:  

Bam Adebayo, Bradley Beal, Devin Booker, Kevin Durant, Jerami Grant, Draymond Green, Jrue Holiday, Zach LaVine, Damian Lillard, Kevin Love, Khris Middleton, and Jayson Tatum

KD and Dray are the only returning players from 2016. 

Durant is looking to become only the 2nd player to win 3 gold medals (Anthony).