2021 NBA PLAYOFFS

RIPPA

Rockets keep their top 4 pick. Thank the gods

edit

Detroit gets #1

Rockets #2

Cavs #3

Raptors #4

So are the Pistons gonna Darko the pick and let the Rockets get Cade?

(I’ll be happy with Jalen Green)

Edited by Lawful Metal

Barkley was right. Milwaukee in first gear, regular season mode and it's still a tied game with 5 to go. If they can get Middleton, Holiday, and Giannis all playing well at the same time it's over for everybody else. 

1 hour ago, Jiji said:

Bud gotta go, man.

He's looking like the NBA answer to Marty Schottenheimer. Brilliant regular season coach, maybe can't win in the post season.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Rocco said:

The idiotic reaction to the Hawks firing Lloyd Pierce gets dumber every day.  

And the Pacers look increasingly stupid for letting Nate McMillan go.

10 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

And the Pacers look increasingly stupid for letting Nate McMillan go.

Probably, because who were they going to get that was better, but I feel like McMillan is only a relatively incremental improvement over someone like Doc Rivers.  Compared to Budenholzer, he may as well be playing 7th-dimensional chess. 

Funny how being an actual great coach, being rewarded for being "great", and being successful can be 3 different things.  Sure, it's a league where talent wins out above all else, but if the Clips somehow win a title, no one is going to point out Ty Lue's contribution to two quite different title teams.  They'll just chirp about LeBron and Kawhi.  On the other hand, I thought the Suns hiring Monty Williams was a great move for them, and it's sure as Hell looking that way; adding Chris Paul just accelerated their timetable. 

Then there's Bud & Thibs, who are "GENUISES~!" but will likely cry themselves to sleep with their COTY awards and never even make a Finals appearance.

Edited by Contentious C

McMillan is a guy who most years got results that are better than his team has the talent for.

The Pacers fired him for getting swept in the first round every year, but he was doing it with a team that shouldn't have been getting close to the playoffs. 

14 hours ago, Lawful Metal said:

Trae >>>>>> Giannis

Trae Young has to be #1 on the list of guys that you are like "fuck I hate that guy" but desperately want on your team.   Someone described him as the asshole version of Steph Curry

Edited by hammerva

Paul had the quarter and game of his life last night. I'll let you decide which one... 

Somebody is going to have to break the curse this series. I am thinking the Clips get it to 7 and lose.