DVDVR Message Board

NHL 2021 - THE QUEST~

Dolfan in NYC

1 hour ago, Death From Above said:

Really hope Tavares comes through that one okay. That was awful.

Everyone here who saw it reacted with horror and hoping that the guy was OK. May not like the guy but other than a thug like Tom Wilson I'd never want to see something like that happen to anyone. That was close to Malarchuck level horrifying.

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, sabremike said:

Everyone here who saw it reacted with horror and hoping that the guy was OK. May not like the guy but other than a thug like Tom Wilson I'd never want to see something like that happen to anyone. That was close to Malarchuck level horrifying.

Holy heck.  I just saw the clip of Tavares and, man, that was some scary stuff.  He, honest to God, looked like he was dying for a second there.  That was really, really nasty. 

• Like 1

Tavares is out of the hospital and resting.  

Nazem Kadri got 8 games for yet another dirty hit leading to this tweet:

Edited by Tabe

22 hours ago, Tabe said:

Tavares is out of the hospital and resting.  

Nazem Kadri got 8 games for yet another dirty hit leading to this tweet:

The reason why I liked him, but glad he was traded...he was such a liability when it mattered most.

And it was nice to see the Leafs get back to normal. Hope it was a sign for what's to come from now on ??

6 hours ago, hammerva said:

Well safe to say that it wasn't all the old coaches fault when it comes to the effort of Caps in the playoffs.  Granted this wasn't as big an upset as last year but clearly outplayed the entire series 

Caps fans have gotten a nice, long look at why Detroit traded Anthony Mantha, too.  Afraid to shoot the puck and only giving an effort 15% of the time.  

It's probably for the best the board was just repeatedly timing out for me last night, it saved me from posting a profanity-laced rant about the state of the Oilers depth not having improved in ten thousand years. 

Jets are winning the series now, it's over, but hey MAYBE NEXT YEAR

6 hours ago, Death From Above said:

It's probably for the best the board was just repeatedly timing out for me last night, it saved me from posting a profanity-laced rant about the state of the Oilers depth not having improved in ten thousand years. 

Jets are winning the series now, it's over, but hey MAYBE NEXT YEAR

If you think you have it bad:

Yeah...

As a long suffering Leaf fan, losing to the Habs after being up after being up 3-1 would be like a million slow, painful, excruciating deaths.

On the other hand, a victory tomorrow would be the "overcoming adversity" moment the Leafs need to go on a long playoff run after coasting through most of the regular season. 

2 hours ago, Death From Above said:

Uhhhhh I've barely watched the US teams all year has Colorado always been this terrifying

Yes.

Colorado with that ultra-rare 9-minute power play thanks to Ryan Reeves dropping a knee on Ryan Graves while he was on the ice, apparently in retaliation for a hit earlier in the game.  9 minutes!  Apparently the last one was in 2009 but I've never heard of a power play that long before.  I'm not sure I've even seen a 7-minute power play.