DVDVR Message Board

UFC 262: Oliveira vs. Chandler (5/15/2021) - Houston, TX (Toyota Center)

Elsalvajeloco

2 minutes ago, Jiji said:

I am so sorry. This is such a shitty way for a legend like Jacare to wind down his career. Like, he should retire but part of me wants him to go on a 3 fight win streak in Bellator or something. Fuck up some 3-2 dudes in Rizin. Anything but this.

He could go to Bellator and have a rubber match with Mousasi where Mousasi tries to send his head all the way back to Brazil. Be careful what you wish for.

Could watch those two fight for a long time. Burgos is still probably in his developing stages but he really hasn't improved his defense much from what I've seen and if he wants to take that next step it's such an obvious missing piece.

Surreal finish to Tony Ferguson's run. He's probably got a blown or severely damaged achilles (or knee obv) and he's just having to hold on to survive while getting booed. The crowd was 100% into him and now they're booing him. Though he's moving around okay post fight so ?‍♂️. Very weird. Okay, they're just booing Beneil and now I am going to boo him too, lol.

Edited by Jiji

this sport has devolved so far into becoming a medium for nonsensical right-wing propaganda that I even feel bad pirating it

but please, tell the people of Houston how you'll stop the Marxists

Edited by John E. Dynamite
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I like both of these guys and they both have great stories on how they got here. Predicting Chandler - Oliveira in a UFC title fight a few years ago would have been the hottest of hot takes, even with the craziness that is mma.

I actually hope Chandler pulls this one off. He was one of the bright spots in Bellator that I always tuned in for and even if he can't hold the title long, it would be a great moment for someone who has grinded for so long. Not taking anything away from Oliveira either, just by age this is Chandler's one and only shot.

To watch this guy go from a gangly wizard on the ground to a complete fighter and champion in the best division in the sport is so fucking cool. What a journey.

And now he's cutting an all time MMA promo. LOVE IT. But now I gotta wait for these fucking guys to finish their thoughts before committing. "Oh and one last thing..." *gasp*

Edited by Jiji

As much as I've disliked some of the recent results, this one is really sweet. I enjoy the fights for the fights but it's nice to see favourites win like this, especially in such a new way. 

Just now, Hail Sabin said:

Boo DC for knocking Versus WEC FOR 4 LIFE! 

Reed Harris is a UFC SVP now, but his job is still wrangling crazy Brazilian dudes out of the crowd. It's like old times again seriously. 

• Like 1

Quite the the journey for Charles Oliveira. From promising lightweight prospect to spirited featherweight journeyman who struggled to make weight to moving back up to lightweight and finally getting to the UFC title. He's been bringing for quite some time. Finally fulfilled the potential when he beat Efrain Escudero back in the day.