DVDVR Message Board

NXTuesday - 5/11/2021

Dolfan in NYC

The full lineup is

• NXT Women's Champion Raquel Gonzalez defends against Mercedes Martinez
  • NXT Cruiserweight Champion Kushida defends against Santos Escobar in a two-out-of-three falls match
  • Non-title match: NXT Tag Team Champions MSK vs. Breezango
  • Kyle O'Reilly vs. Oney Lorcan
  • Non-title match: NXT Champion Karrion Kross vs. Austin Theory

They have yanked Killian Dain vs. Alexander Wolfe.

They story they are saying is Wolfe claims he has a "stomach bug" and the rest of Imperium is doubting him

No Timmy Thatcher... booooo. And I watched practically the whole thing! 

Anyway, nice and stiff O'Reilly/Lorcan match. Kyle's hair looks even worse now, he should be teaming with Eddie Edwards. The Ruff/Dunne match was fine when there weren't finger break spots or thigh slaps. This was my first time seeing Gonzalez and she is a tall drink of water. Whatever the name of Swerve's group is, they might be the first rap gimmick in wrestling I can get with. Oh, and Kushida looked to almost kill Santos right before the finish. How long has it been since a Mexican wrestler wore a sombrero to the ring? The Guerreros? 

Santos/Kushida was really good. Both guys got to show a lot, made good use of the 2/3 structure, and not a hint of overkill. Instead of going too crazy with a back and forth finishing run, Santos got his shine by fighting through the hoverboard lock after the quick tap to save himself in the second fall, but Kushida still had a nice sequence to put him away right after.

Dunne/Ruff was a good semi-squash. I'm digging Ruff as the unhinged underdog self-destructively chasing that high of beating Gargano once.

Glad to see Swerve get a stable and hopefully move on to bigger things. Not sure what his first program is, but I see some potential with them clashing with The Way down the line.

Digging Swerve's new group in Hit Row.

The lack of Candice/Indi aside from their fun little superhero promo was a little disappointing.

Raquel/Mercedes was a little off, but generally good.

Escobar/Kushida was pretty good. Was nice to see Santos fight the submission so hard and Kushida pushing for something new to put him away.