DVDVR Message Board

Raw is Jinder, Unhindered - 5/10/2021

Dolfan in NYC

Random question but was one of the cameras on this show kinda... odd for anyone else? I don't mean the camera cuts (I'm numb to those by now) but like the framerate was less or just different as I was legit starting to feel nauseous watching and had to switch to a SD version of it to deal with it. When I switched back later it was fine, so I don't know if it was just my tv/cable company/myself being funky or if something was actually up with the broadcast.

4 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

So weird that they literally took everything from Main Event (Jinder and his new crew beating Jeff Hardy) and just ran it on RAW

Jeff isn't exactly the kind to learn from one mistake, so it does make sense that he would fall victim to exact same thing as before, if you think about it.

On 5/11/2021 at 12:13 AM, username said:

Random question but was one of the cameras on this show kinda... odd for anyone else? I don't mean the camera cuts (I'm numb to those by now) but like the framerate was less or just different as I was legit starting to feel nauseous watching and had to switch to a SD version of it to deal with it. When I switched back later it was fine, so I don't know if it was just my tv/cable company/myself being funky or if something was actually up with the broadcast.

I noticed the camera was weird during Ripley vs. ASUKA for some reason. 

• Like 1

Speaking of Jinder, what was wrong with his chest? Maybe it was the 4k, but he looked terrible. It's funny though. I changed the channel as he was coming out. Forgot about the match and then saw on Twitter Jeff lost in three minutes. They should have just released him if they are gonna job him out like that.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheVileOne said:

Yeah I don't get using Jeff Hardy as enhancement talent like that for Jinder either. It's almost like WWE released all their jobbers.

You'd think they still have large enough roster that everyone who "isn't used" could take turns in putting over the pushed talent. In such a way that no one would get beaten on tv every week, but change the guys eating the pinfalls constantly, so that everyone gets at least some screen time every couple of weeks or so. Heyman did it and I thought it was the right move. So, of course, he's removed quickly. Well, the roster is smaller than it was then, I think?

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Shartnado said:

You'd think they still have large enough roster that everyone who "isn't used" could take turns in putting over the pushed talent. In such a way that no one would get beaten on tv every week, but change the guys eating the pinfalls constantly, so that everyone gets at least some screen time every couple of weeks or so. Heyman did it and I thought it was the right move. So, of course, he's removed quickly. Well, the roster is smaller than it was then, I think?

The roster does seem kind of thinned out right now with all the pandemic-era cuts. They seem to have a lot of people on the NXT/developmental side/PC side. But multiple dudes they cut between last month and last year could've served this role so you don't have Jeff Hardy jobbing to Jinder on back-to-back shows. Like R-Truth was in the building, so they can't have him job on one show? 

WWE needs more modern equivalents of Jim Powers and Iron Mike Sharpe.

Edited by TheVileOne
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think, in theory, that’s right. The issue is it’s such a non-event and ultimately feels pretty meaningless. Contrast with AEW (who’s booking is far from perfect), Adam Page beating Matt is on ppv and has a multi-week story wrapped around it. Beating Jeff should feel like an achievement in a similar way (and probably moreso as Jeff, in kayfabe at least, is a bigger deal than Matt).

• Like 1