DVDVR Message Board

2021 NHL OFFSEASON THREAD

RIPPA

Honestly the crass and transparent attempt by the Hawks at PR announcing their pick was actually considerably more revolting. What that kid did was bad, what the Hawks are accused of warrants something akin to the NCAA Death Penalty imposed on SMU if proven in court.

• Like 1

Just before the draft, Detroit sent Jonathan Bernier & a 3rd round pick to Carolina for Alex Nedeljkovic. Nedeljkovic led the NHL in goals against last year (1.90) as a rookie and was due a raise that Carolina apparently didn't want to pay. Detroit immediately signed him for 2 years at $3m each - basically the same salary as Bernier. I have no idea what Carolina was thinking. Detroit appears to have robbed them blind. 

4 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Buffalo trades Sami Reinhart to Florida for G prospect Devon Levi and their 2022 first round pick.

The Pegulas can go die in a fire (Botts and Kreuger can feel free to join them).

Jets D looks a whole hell of a lot better with the acquisition of Brenden Dillon. If Logan Stanley can take a big step forward next year and either Ville Heinola or Dylan Samberg can get minutes over Maurice fave Nathan Beaulieu, they may have an NHL caliber crew back there. Maybe even league average!

Morrissey/Demelo

Dillon/Stanley

HeinBerg/Pionk

Doesn't look terrible.

Signing Stastny for one more year today was a nice bonus

It is funny though, that for a "draft and develop" team, the Jets sure do get rid of a lot of their picks. Looking at you Kevin Hayes

Edited by elizium
  • Like 1

Apparently MAF found out through twitter that he had been traded to Chicago, no one from Vegas called him

(That's his agent, fyi) I hope he retires, for the lolz

Edited by elizium

Nate Schmidt's analytics may have nose-dived last year, but I'll still take him over paying Tucker Poolman 2.5M for 4 years.

Quieter day today for the Jets, having made most of their moves in trades. Could see them maybe bringing in a depth forward or something, but otherwise this is probably it. Losing Brossoit to Vegas sucks, but they are tight against the cap so good on him for making his money. Bringing in Eric Comrie as backup probably means that Hellebuyck will play 70+ games next year

If anyone could explain the Hurricanes' plans, I'd love to hear it. Trade Nedeljkovic for basically nothing because they don't want to pay him and then he signs a 3M AAV deal with the Wings. Then turn around and sign Andersen and Raanta for a combined 6.5M

Edited by elizium

2 hours ago, elizium said:

If anyone could explain the Hurricanes' plans, I'd love to hear it. Trade Nedeljkovic for basically nothing because they don't want to pay him and then he signs a 3M AAV deal with the Wings. 

They were captivated by Stevie Y's boyish good looks.

• Like 1

The Rangers decided that since the NHL will never suspend Tom Wilson that they would go out and get their own thug

They traded for Ryan Reaves

David Krejci has announced that is returning to play in his native Czech Republic (with the basic implication he is going to finish his career there)

9 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

David Krejci has announced that is returning to play in his native Czech Republic (with the basic implication he is going to finish his career there)

Good for him.  I confess I didn't realize he'd been in the league for 15 years.  Would have guessed more like 8.

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

So you're saying he....

Czeched out????

(I'll get my coat..)

• Haha 2