DVDVR Message Board

NXTuesday - 5/4/2021

Dolfan in NYC

Thought the two main matches bookended the night perfectly.  Two similar match stips, but two completely different matches.  Feels like Ember and Shotzi dropped the titles since they need some opponents for Raquel.   The Sarray/Zayda match was a little sloppy, but pretty stiff considering, including Sarray laying in some stiff dropkicks.

Pretty loaded show next week with Raquel/Martinez and Kushida/Escobar in a 2/3 falls match.

The past few weeks, I've only watched the last 5-10 minutes of the show.

This may be the idea way to watch WWE.  Last week had the insane finishing stretch, which saw the heels legally triple-team the babyfaces (why do more stables not do this?), only for Kushida to heroically struggle back into the ring after eating a nasty powerbomb outside - at which point Escobar smushed him again and Kushida's spirit decided it was time to hit the bar and left his body.

This week had a nuts street fight which - gasp - the heels actually won.  Fairly, even.  I have no idea how tiny LeRae walked away from some of those spots.  

Flipped by one other time earlier in the night and Karrion Kross and Orange "Cool" Cassidy Kyle O'Reilly were talking.  Which really isn't the strong suit of either. That was enough to keep me channel flipping.

Swerve/Ruff was pretty darn good and the right guy won. Hopefully it means better things on on the horizon for Swerve finally.

Sarray/Ramier was a nice match. Dug the backstage scene later with Sarray taking care of Ramier while Stark blocks Toni from beating her down.

The Way continues to amuse. Not sure where the stuff with Kross goes though I do hop it isn't Johnny returning to the NXT title scene.

The segment between Raquel and Mercedes was solid.

I continue to to enjoy Grimes gettign out moneyed by Dibiase.

The street fight was fun though I wish they sold the bigger spots a little more. Kind torn on the Candice/Indi winning the belts. Shotzi & Ember are the better team, and it would be nice to see the champs hold the belts for a few months at least.

I know WWE will never go this deep, but the Grimes/Dibiase story should totally be a message about the inability of millennials to truly grab the levers of power from long-overstaying institutional boomers.

Swerve/Ruff was pretty good. Swerve dominated enough of the match that he wasn't too hurt by the finish, and Ruff had to land some big moves to stay in it.

Women's tag was fun. That Alabama slam on the table was nasty. Candace/Indi winning the belts is good because the matriarch of the Gargano Family should have some gold and it highlights Austin Theory's excellent performance as the adult fail-son.

• Like 1

Really good main event. I love Shotzi and Ember but The Way have been killing it. So I'm not too upset about the outcome. Plus Candice has been one of my underrated faves for a while. 

Enjoyed the showdown between Mercedes and Raquel and I'm looking forward to their match. 

NXT does a really good job of having lots for the women to do that actually feels important.

3 hours ago, Infinit said:

Count me in on the direction of "Cool Kyle". Him strutting around like a bantam rooster is hilarious. At least they are giving him an opportunity to grow a personality.

Bradford City fan!!!