DVDVR Message Board

Raw is Embedded Roses - 5/3/21

Gonzo

So they got rid of the Iconics, Chelsea Green, and Mickie James and bring back Eva Marie? That's just....no...

I was actually looking forward to seeing Gulak against Angel Garza as I bet they could put a terrific match together, but it ended up being a squash. Garza looked good but Gulak deserves better than that.

Speaking of people who deserve better, I thought Humberto was finally going to get one up on Sheamus, but he ends up getting thrashed yet again.

• Like 1

Angel Garza is the shit. Firing The Iiconics & Mickie James to bring back Eva Marie is fucking dumb. Shoehorn Charlotte being shoved into another main event is also fucking dumb.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, MKERyan said:

Nikki Cross can’t make TV but yeah sure let’s bring Eva Marie back. 

Like they used to say  Evalution (or however they are calling it now)  is a mystery 

Edited by hammerva

I look forward to the next several pages of people getting super mad at Eva Marie for not being a great worker and not being some other woman who is more skilled but not over.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Goodear said:

I look forward to the next several pages of people getting super mad at Eva Marie for not being a great worker and not being some other woman who is more skilled but not over.

I won't be surprised if it triggers Meltzer and Alvarez.  They went on a tangent last week about the logjam of talented women in NXT.  Dave thinks Toni Storm, in particular, should have been on the main roster four years ago.

Was Eva Marie that much over during her previous run?  i didn't think she was, but <shrug> I could be wrong.

Being honest, there are probably 8-10 women in NXT I'd prefer to get called up in Eva Marie's place.  But... there's a fair chance a lot of the NXT women are going to get marginalized on the main roster if/when they get called up.  We'll see.  

I guess commentary referenced Lana's "ballet training in Russia" last night?  Lol, haven't they admitted on TV that Lana is American?  That seemed out of place.

1 hour ago, Goodear said:

The problem is that Eva Marie isnt “over” either. Fans don’t boo her because she’s such a great heel. They bpo her because they don’t want her on screen. Keep caping for the Old Man and Podcast Prichard, though. I guess someone has to tote the water...

17 minutes ago, Eoae said:

Was Eva Marie that much over during her previous run?  i didn't think she was, but <shrug> I could be wrong.

Her very very brief run in NXT was given some respect.  That match against Bayley had absolutely no right to be as good as it was.  Now whether saying things like "I thought you were complete garbage before but you have improved" means she was "over" probably not.  Plus it was the Full Sail crowd and history has shown their tastes don't match RAW and Smackdown at all

The really bad thing is listening to Graves acting like he has his hands down his pants like the last time when she came out.

Edited by hammerva
  • Like 1

Also, I don’t think it bodes well for the health of the booking when I expected Strowman or Lashley to come out and wreck both Gulak and Garza instead of getting a finish. Right now the show seems to be about those two and McIntyre only, and that ain’t good...

1 hour ago, Super Ape said:

You can stop pretending you actually like this garbage. Nobody believes you.

If this is for me, I don't watch RAW and haven't in ... years I think?

WWE sucks.

• Like 2

Just now, Goodear said:

If this is for me, I don't watch RAW and haven't in ... years I think?

WWE sucks.

Yes, but "WWE Defender" is literally the worst insult that can be levyed against someone on this board, and is the go to for most people if you don't shit on everything that shows up on a Titan show.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, just drew said:

The problem is that Eva Marie isnt “over” either. Fans don’t boo her because she’s such a great heel. They bpo her because they don’t want her on screen. Keep caping for the Old Man and Podcast Prichard, though. I guess someone has to tote the water...

This is funny to me. 

Fans in NXT booed her because she represented the "WWE style divas" to them and they worked themselves into a shoot. WWE smartly for once leaned into it and head faked them into believing they would put the NXT women's title on her for the Bayley match (and I think they did something similar with a battle royal where she hid outside the ring and came in at the end). Eva Marie is like the post modern heel who gets heat because 'she sucks' and therefor is given no reason to improve in ring because the moment she becomes respected by this audience, the gimmick no longer makes sense. She represents the hot fitness models who got wrestling contracts and smart fans especially find this highly offensive for reasons. And if you want to say she won't draw heat, I don't see anyone talking about anything else on this thread. Not that anyone talks about WWE anymore... because it sucks.

And WWE does suck. Yes.

Vince's vision on how to build a promotion is garbage. Yes.

The shits I give about Bruce Prichard are so small you would need an electron microscope to find them.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Raziel said:

Yes, but "WWE Defender" is literally the worst insult that can be levyed against someone on this board, and is the go to for most people if you don't shit on everything that shows up on a Titan show.

I like how my saying people will be mad about Eva Marie became a Vince McMahon love letter in some people's minds. Like how did they even make that connection?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Goodear said:

I like how my saying people will be mad about Eva Marie became a Vince McMahon love letter in some people's minds. Like how did they even make that connection?

Frothing hatred is a strange thing.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Goodear said:

I'm of the mindset that if people want somebody to truly go away then it's best to just not talk about it.  That and if watching live just watch something else to show how little effect one has on the show.  But that's not how things work nor should it be expected for that happen.

But for me personally discussing her is not worth it and I'm glad I stopped watching over a month ago.  For as desperate as they are to pop a rating I hope Raw goes further and further down down the tubes.

And again I must point out this is just about Raw as I like Smackdown and NXT is largely good.

Nice to see the tag champs show up finally. AJ/Omos vs. New Day was solid.

Charlotte/Dana was not as good as Charlotte/Mandy from last week. Don't care for Charlotte being added to the women's title match. Just feels unnecessary and a bit boring direction wise. I'd rather Charlotte take on Rhea 1 on 1 or face more of the women 1 on 1.

Mansoor had a good debut against Sheamus. 

Naomi/Lana vs. Nia/Shayna was a match that like it could have been solid if given some time to breathe.

Eva Marie is back, only 8 months or more after she was originally said to be returning by the dirt sheets. I actually thought they figured out how to use Eva well during her NXT run and her short roster return. That said I'm kind of indifferent since she never did improve much in the ring. Going to take a wait and see approach.

Lashley/Strowman was actually solid. Still have trouble giving much of a damn wit how much they damaged Strowman this past year and honestly being tired of seeing Drew in the main event. 

2 hours ago, Eoae said:

I won't be surprised if it triggers Meltzer and Alvarez.  They went on a tangent last week about the logjam of talented women in NXT.  Dave thinks Toni Storm, in particular, should have been on the main roster four years ago.

Toni Storm wasn't in WWE 4 years ago.

2 hours ago, Eoae said:

I guess commentary referenced Lana's "ballet training in Russia" last night?  Lol, haven't they admitted on TV that Lana is American?  That seemed out of place.

She was partially raised in the Soviet Union though why they keep pretending it was Russia and not Latvia I have no idea. I don't think they have admitted she is American. They just go through points where they don't give a crap about what accent she uses.

48 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Toni Storm wasn't in WWE 4 years ago..

I didn’t think she was, but didn’t bother to look it up.  Shrug.  That’s the actual quote from Dave when he and Alvarez were discussing her last NXT match.  Maybe he meant the company should have signed her sooner and put her on the main roster immediately?  Dave’s opinion is that WWE is wasting Storm’s prime years and he doesn’t understand what Vince is waiting for.

3 hours ago, just drew said:

I believe back in the olden days we referred to this as "X-Pac heat."

• Like 1

Not for nothing, but X-Pac heat is something a smart booker can harness and turn into something productive. Much better to be hated by the crowd then to have the crowd be indifferent.