DVDVR Message Board

AEW - MAY 2021

Casey

49 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

LOOK AT MY AQUARIUM! 

tenor.gif

Aimed for Death of Superman, hit My Chemical Romance.  Dude looks like Depeche Mode's loan officer.

Ted Kaczynski looked at that and said, "damn, dude, that's a little too much pyro."

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 2

Still looks like the dude from that children's show that passed away.

Eventually Cody is going to go bald from frying his hair by constantly bleaching it.

• Haha 1

It's a shame Cornette can't get over his petty hate for Kenny, the Bucks, Orange etc.  His insight is completely lost because of this.  It was interesting seeing him grinning away on Darkside of the Ring talking about the genius of Brian Pillman.  A genius that was doing everything he hates - exposing the industry: bookerman etc.  Just another hypocritical opinion.  I once heard Jim, on his broadcast, rant about how he hates change and it was kinda all you really need to know about him.    

Further, Jim Cornette's run as booker in ROH was flat out awful.  At least what I saw - am I wrong here?  TK certainly makes some mistakes/oversights, but his year and a half AEW run exceeds anything I've ever seen from Jim Cornette.  The fun but overrated Smokey Mountain included.  Cornette's a guy who would likely provide well on a committee but has shown himself to have very little to offer as a lead booker.  

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Still looks like the dude from that children's show that passed away.

Eventually Cody is going to go bald from frying his hair by constantly bleaching it.

Robbie Rotten from Lazytown. Star of a popular meme six or seven years ago.

• Like 1

My son was in the local paper wearing his Sportacus costume when he was four years old. So, yeah, I did.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, christopher.annino said:

Has anybody had to WATCH Lazytown? My kids were of that age when it was popular, and it was HORRIFYING. 

My daughter was thankfully freaked out by it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HarryArchieGus said:

It's a shame Cornette can't get over his petty hate for Kenny, the Bucks, Orange etc.  His insight is completely lost because of this.  It was interesting seeing him grinning away on Darkside of the Ring talking about the genius of Brian Pillman.  A genius that was doing everything he hates - exposing the industry: bookerman etc.  Just another hypocritical opinion.  I once heard Jim, on his broadcast, rant about how he hates change and it was kinda all you really need to know about him.    

Further, Jim Cornette's run as booker in ROH was flat out awful.  At least what I saw - am I wrong here?  TK certainly makes some mistakes/oversights, but his year and a half AEW run exceeds anything I've ever seen from Jim Cornette.  The fun but overrated Smokey Mountain included.  Cornette's a guy who would likely provide well on a committee but has shown himself to have very little to offer as a lead booker.  

Yup. Context is king. Bucks make terrible faces but great heels. Cornette, however, would be of the mind to hate on all and anything regardless - a very vivid & unremitting vengeful streak. I also suspect he’s a decent Committee voice, but not objective enough to run consistently as one man band not cede to compromise.

Edited by A_K
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, AxB said:

The St Louis show is Nov 5th, a Friday, and is announced as a TNT TV taping. So looks like the second show is coming within six months or sooner, and probably on Fridays.

Friday night wars. Hit 'em where they're strongest.

I think this point has been glossed over a bit. Have they announced a location for Dynamite on November 3rd yet?

No. On the website, the 11/5 show is listed as “AEW TNT taping”, but has the Dynamite graphic like all the other listings.

Edited by Casey
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, John from Cincinnati said:

LOOK AT MY AQUARIUM! 

tenor.gif

They have that pyro for the explosion at the end of Omega/Moxley there would've been zero complaints. This guy is The Most Extra. It's turned into something I enjoy for the lols like shitty JR commentary. 

Instead we got Cody throne breaker pyro. 

Edited by Jiji
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

I can't wait for either Cody to leave or Omega to leave so I can hear them bitch about each other. The stories about Cody are going to be great because if this is what we're seeing think of the shit we don't see.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Jiji said:

I can't wait for either Cody to leave or Omega to leave so I can hear them bitch about each other. The stories about Cody are going to be great because if this is what we're seeing think of the shit we don't see.

I hope Cody and Brandi still have their reality show when the drama spills into public view. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

You and me both. I don't think I've ever seen that before.

She did that against Hikaru Shida.  Madi Wrenkowski is just freakishly flexible and sold it all crazy.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Wrenkowski has grown on me lately as well, actually. They’ve got a nice crop of green ladies that could really have something if they continue to put in the work. I hope some of them aren’t forgotten about when AEW goes back on the road.

• Like 1