DVDVR Message Board

AEW - MAY 2021

Casey

If Tessa wants redemption, she can go work for NWA.

21 minutes ago, AxB said:

Evander Holyfield is not the Sting of Boxing. He's more of a Ric Flair. As in, the dirtiest player in the game.

Evander is the John Stockton of boxing. Dirty, but good at hiding it.

1 hour ago, Jiji said:

You hate to see it.

This the Sexy Star who deliberately hurt Rosemary, right? Fuck her. While I enjoyed it, damn ref stopping the fight when a RNC was there.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, EVA said:

I think what a lot of people are missing is that Tessa has a locker room problem.  

Precisely, and that is the reason I gave for why I wouldn't hire her if it were me.  What does it say about leadership / management if you make that kind of call?  That you are more concerned about trying to boost ratings via name dropping more than you are about the harmony of the locker room?

Like I said, the best thing Khan can do is to cultivate the talent he already has.  Why hire Tessa Blanchard when he's already got a heel in Britt Baker that can generate white hot heat without being a disruptive force in the back?

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

Precisely, and that is the reason I gave for why I wouldn't hire her if it were me.  What does it say about leadership / management if you make that kind of call?  That you are more concerned about trying to boost ratings via name dropping more than you are about the harmony of the locker room?

Like I said, the best thing Khan can do is to cultivate the talent he already has.  Why hire Tessa Blanchard when he's already got a heel in Britt Baker that can generate white hot heat without being a disruptive force in the back?

The only people that are clamoring for Tessa Blanchard is Tessa and Meltzer.  I don't think you have to worry about losing Dave for many many years.   If we are to believe cagematch, she hasn't had a match since September.  I mean she isn't even working in Mexico and they EVERYBODY gets second/third chances there.  I thought that is where she was living 

I am not even sure how much of a "boost to ratings" any women coming to AEW does except for maybe the IIconics for a month or two.  

Edited by hammerva

9 hours ago, zendragon said:

I'd like to see Sammy beat MJF to win Blood & Guts. Maybe have him beat MJF one on one down the road to set up a "I've got your number" storyline

My prediction is that Sammy will be the Brian Pillman of the match.  Without the injury of course.  But basically the scrappy guy taking a ton of unnecessary risks and getting seriously hurt to the point of having to stop the match

Also predict that Shawn Spears will be the heavy bleeder in the match as this is frankly his last chance for people to notice him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

I could see a return to live crowds having the fans start cheering for Baker pretty quickly now that she's earned respect. I could see a world where you bring in Tessa to get real heat (have her play a Gina Carano type heel ranting about cancel culture and let people honestly and earnestly boo her after a year+ of pent up emotion while they were stuck at home) to help make that work constructively. Build to a match and extend her if she's played ball. If not, let her go.

I have all sorts of bad ideas like that today, like how the best way to get Big E over the top as a main eventer is to have delusional heel Hogan authority figure trying to stymie him for "making it so he can never go home again" that I'm happy to bury in the AEW thread because I only look at it now and again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matt D said:

It have all sorts of bad ideas like that today, like how the best way to get Big E over the top as a main eventer is to have delusional heel Hogan authority figure trying to stymie him for "making it so he can never go home again" that I'm happy to bury in the AEW thread because I only look at it now and again.

Well, as long as we're tossing around really horrible ideas.   Both Peyton Royce and Tessa Blanchard both have direct links to the Pinnacle.   Let's hire them both, make them the women reps for the Pinnacle, form them into a unit, and put them in a tournament for the newly created AEW Women's Tag-Team Championship.

53 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Very interesting!

I'm glad to hear that the plan is not to have all ten guys bleeding buckets. 

Frankly, I'm kind of worried about this match meeting expectations, considering it's going to be competing with our cherished memories of The Match Beyond and Sting's Squadron vs The Dangerous Alliance. My worry was that AEW might decide to really ramp up the violence to try and deal with that... So I was definitely pleased to hear Jericho talk about the story-telling possibilities of this kind of match. I 100% think that is the right way to do this. I'm pretty excited to see what happens on Wednesday (Thursday morning over here).

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, El Gran Gordi said:

Very interesting!

Frankly, I'm kind of worried about this match meeting expectations, considering it's going to be competing with our cherished memories of The Match Beyond and Sting's Squadron vs The Dangerous Alliance. My worry was that AEW might decide to really ramp up the violence to try and deal with that... So I was definitely pleased to hear Jericho talk about the story-telling possibilities of this kind of match. I 100% think that is the right way to do this. I'm pretty excited to see what happens on Wednesday (Thursday morning over here).

As you rightly note, big expectations for Blood & Guts with fans affections for WarGames when done right, Sting's Squadron vs. Dangerous Alliance as the best in the gimmick's history, rightly doing Submit or Surrender rules and the talent involved...minus Shaun Spears.

Fellow Thursday morning fella! 1am-3am UK time.

Looking forward to seeing your thread opening post for AEW Dynamite!

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

So what is the over/under on blade jobs, and who is getting color? I'm thinking out of what, ten guys? We get three at least and five at most judging from that interview. 

Jericho

MJF

One of FTR (or one of Santana/Ortiz as a tit-for-tat)

Sammy

I can't see the hosses getting juice. Maybe Tully does one for old times sake. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

So what is the over/under on blade jobs, and who is getting color? I'm thinking out of what, ten guys? We get three at least and five at most judging from that interview. 

Jericho

MJF

One of FTR (or one of Santana/Ortiz as a tit-for-tat)

Sammy

I can't see the hosses getting juice. Maybe Tully does one for old times sake. 

I'd go along with that minus Tully.

1 hour ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

@J.T. I see where you're coming from with that, but I have to be honest with you, I think if they were to sign Peyton and put her in a *different* tag team, especially with Tessa, people would absolutely hate it

Like I said.  It's a horrible idea. ?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, El Gran Gordi said:

Very interesting!

Yeah, the story I want to see is 10 guys bleeding buckets and beating the shit out of each other.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Pinnacle winning and establishing themselves as the big heel faction in AEW is the right move here. I could see one of Jericho or Sammy surrendering to save the other, as that's the only good move for a babyface to lose in these matches. Jericho should be vulnerable at this stage of his career, so I'd go with him. Santana & Ortiz need to move on from the Inner Circle ASAP. Santana is really showing some serious star power or it factor, whatever you want to call it. Dude's got the Jheri curl and glasses like he's Eazy E. 

• Like 5

Can we all agree this is fast forward booking to get to a match they haven't earned becuase they are determined to get to this match?  

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

What order are we expecting everyone to enter? I'd go Wardlow last for Pinnacle, but everything else feels like a shot in the dark. Lots of interesting ways to lay this out.

They could always do the "MJF is the smart one, he'll go in last" like Michael Hayes did in '89 against The Midnights, Dr. Death and the Road Warriors.

• Like 2

Hoping for an Inner Circle massacre-ing to send Fozzy back on the road.  And to free Santana and Ortiz from this lame faction.  

I’m also hoping the inclusion of Spears on the Pinnacle side leads to him being ‘injured’ severely.  

Then, life and Dynamite moves on without some of the dead weight.  I mean Jericho’s gotta have some semblance of sense to know it’s time to go on hiatus and freshen up.  Or better yet semi-retire to the commentary booth.