DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2021 WRESTLING IMAGERY.

It's a variation on the term "Columbian necktie", which refers to slitting someone's throat so deep that the tongue falls and hangs out of the wound. Yep. 

EDIT: Apparently it is anatomically impossible and you have to pull the tongue through the wound. It surfaces as psychological warfare during the era of La Violencia in Columbia. And of course it is the title of this great song: 

Spoiler

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

It's a variation on the term "Columbian necktie", which refers to slitting someone's throat so deep that the tongue falls and hangs out of the wound. Yep. 

EDIT: Apparently it is anatomically impossible and you have to pull the tongue through the wound. It surfaces as psychological warfare during the era of La Violencia in Columbia. And of course it is the title of this great song: 

Hide contents

Addiing "Big Black," before Columbian Necktie doesn't make it sound any less like something from Urban Dictionary.

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, odessasteps said:

It is SSOOO much better than what his name usually was. Intentional typo on the part of the newspaper? The "Rodirigus" makes me think they were taking the info over the phone. Also the way Bounty Hunter no. 2 is laid out make me think of perfume.

don't call me chickenhead,

RAF

• Like 1

If the ref BURIED THE TALENT~! by doing a drop-down/leapfrog, that says waaaaaaaay more about the talent than the ref.

There's no hate like IWC hate.

• Like 1

Forgot to mention that last night. I wonder who came up with that, who was it a rib on, why they completely ignored it after the commercial break. They were all up in arms then acted like it didn't happen. Who knows what came over the earpiece...

If we’re gonna be pedantic about that spot the issue isn’t with the leap frog (I mean it’s hardly high up on the list of athletic spots in 2021), but the drop down. The leap frog makes sense as a getting out the way thing, but isn’t a drop down meant to be a trip attempt. The ref was clearly trying to sabotage whoever that is by hitting a drop down.

Weird, I just thought it was a funny spot in a face vs face tag match. Nick Patrick did the same thing in an MX/RNR match years ago and I don't remember any outrage about killing the business then...