DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2021 WRESTLING IMAGERY.

Yeah, it's like with most blown spots you can see what they were going for and where they went wrong. But I legit have no idea what the spot was supposed to be here. Charlotte was supposed to cut her off with something, but God knows what.

I think the spot was Charlotte clipping Dana's leg from behind as she landed from her cartwheel before Dana had the chance to initiate her offensive move. 

The problem was either A. Charlotte took too long to run out and clip the knee and/or B. Dana decided to randomly jump straight up in the air for no reason and do a stomach bump before any contact was made.

It HAD to have looked better when they were rehearsing or I can't imagine how any agent would have given that a green light.

• Like 1

The problem is, so many of these people either don't have the right instincts because they weren't trained that way, or else they had the instincts trained out of them. Surely Dana should be doing the move the way she always does and trusting on Charlotte to time her spot right. And then, if she doesn't time it right, which she obviously didn't, they wouldn't look like fucking idiots.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

GRnoPy.gif

How good is Mike Jackson? He's so good that as he's punching Arn as part of a comeback, with these awesome, awesome punches, he's selling the arm that Arn worked over so well that the strap drops naturally, increasing the sheer power and presence of the comeback.

Of course then he runs right into the Spinebuster, but man, he was so good.

• Like 8

47 minutes ago, The Batboy said:

5e34e03cefdf8fb43e9e9993ebd0b3bd53ec111b

Either a) Scott was an underrated, world class seller or b) Michael Hayes punched him directly in the jaw

I'm going to choose a).  That would be worthy of a receipt, and I feel like the Steiner return policy is not something I'd want any part of.  

• Like 3

If anyone ever decides to replace the Johnny Cash avatar for staked people, here's an alternative:

• Like 3

The Steiner Brothers (especially Rick) are underrated bumpers. That being said, their matches with the Freebirds were unusually stiff for Garvin and Hayes. Considering the amount of times they worked each other in WCW, I would assume there was a backstage handshake to stiffen up.

• Like 3

Hayes really had that left jab down to a science back in the faux Freebirds days.  The dude always seemed to find a sneaky and effective way to keep it as a surprise that constantly popped the crowd.  

Years later, when he teamed with The Hardy Boyz.  I remember waiting patiently for him to bust it out again.  But sadly it was forgotten in WWF like the Steinerline.

Edited by Brandon Bones
Autocorrect
  • Like 3