DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2021 Discussion of Wrestling.

On 5/27/2021 at 6:26 PM, L_W_P said:

Finally, she is a vet who has been on the roster for a decade with between 0-3 title wins, and her gimmick is "I'm here to compete... and maybe win the tag titles (with Charlotte) randomly".

But how will they coexist??

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, hammerva said:

for the few people who still think that Bad Bunny had no business at WrestleMania, watch this.   Name me one wrestler that should have been there who makes Lebron James and Jay-Z give a fuck like this

I don’t know of anyone after the fact saying the match shouldn’t have happened, but I wasn’t expecting much and was super impressed. He clearly put in a lot of work and had an awesome match. That was great. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, hammerva said:

for the few people who still think that Bad Bunny had no business at WrestleMania, watch this.   Name me one wrestler that should have been there who makes Lebron James and Jay-Z give a fuck like this

I don’t know of anyone after the fact saying the match shouldn’t have happened, but I wasn’t expecting much and was super impressed. He clearly put in a lot of work and had an awesome match. That was great. 

Were people saying he had no business at Wrestlemania? I had little interest in his feud because I don't follow him or his music, but I thought the match was pretty fun and respected the work he put in.

• Like 3

I suppose it was less about that he shouldn't have been there and more that people thought it served no purpose.  For some reason Meltzer and others either didn't know how big of a star he was or how much interests it would attract to the non smart fans.   I would say it definitely did.  Not going to lie I wasn't interested in the match one bit but anyone can see it would be a big deal.   Way more than fucking Logan Paul or Jake Paul or whichever Paul was there

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, hammerva said:

For some reason Meltzer and others either didn't know how big of a star he was or how much interests it would attract to the non smart fans.

Part of it was because Meltzer listens to his son and his son's friends about what's supposedly cool and big in entertainment and they thought he was "unathletic" because he looked bad during the Celebrity game at NBA All-Star weekend, never mind the fact that it's the frigging Celebrity game where people goof off most of the time.

Then there was the part about Bad Bunny being Puerto Rican and something like other Latinos look down on Puerto Ricans or some other nonsense so he wouldn't draw that many fans.

I can't believe Tenta and Super Dragon were in the same match and it wasn't taped that's bullshit.

There are also a couple of Super Dragon/Gran Naniwa vs Jimmy Yang/Red matches that I bet didn't suck.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

I can't believe Tenta and Super Dragon were in the same match and it wasn't taped that's bullshit.

There are also a couple of Super Dragon/Gran Naniwa vs Jimmy Yang/Red matches that I bet didn't suck.

Gran Naniwa fucking with Super Dragon like he did when he partnered with super serious Kakihara in  one NJPW Jr Tag League (2002?) was probably tremendous.

According to Jerry Lawler, Vince has made Covid vaccinations mandatory and everyone has to get vaccinated before the next PPV.  Not sure if that just applies to talent/on-air performers or all employees, but it's a smart move regardless.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Eoae said:

According to Jerry Lawler, Vince has made Covid vaccinations mandatory and everyone has to get vaccinated before the next PPV.  Not sure if that just applies to talent/on-air performers or all employees, but it's a smart move regardless.

Its only mandatory for them to be allowed to drop the mask mandate. Non-vaccinated employees and talent still have to wear masks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eoae said:

Why's this sad faced?

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

So weird that the thing that finally inspired King to go out and get the jab was hatred of masks. I get not liking them, but that being the thing that finally pushes you over the edge? Given all the other reasons to get it? Wild. But it's nice to at least see someone being moved to action by the company policy. So big positive. 

And bless Lawler for trying, so many people took him as meaning what Eoae was conveying that he ended up firing off THREE clarification tweets. Like many tweeters, probably wishes he didn't even bother. lol

19 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Its only mandatory for them to be allowed to drop the mask mandate. Non-vaccinated employees and talent still have to wear masks.

Apparently Lawler put out a second tweet clarifying his first tweet, which made it sound like all employees had to get vaccinated.  I saw the first tweet, but not the second.  Sorry.

Honestly, I liked the policy more when I thought it was mandatory.

Edited by Eoae

12 minutes ago, Eoae said:

Apparently Lawler put out a second tweet clarifying his first tweet, which made it sound like all employees had to get vaccinated.  I saw the first tweet, but not the second.  Sorry.

Honestly, I liked the policy more when I thought it was mandatory.

I would prefer it be mandatory as well, but I would imagine there might be some legal issues there. They also likely still have a decent amount of idiots within who would whine, bitch, and moan.

16 minutes ago, PetrolCB said:

Why's this sad faced?

Shouldn't you be asking D.Z. this?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, L_W_P said:

Didn't DLo gift the Euro title to Mark Henry one time as well?

Not quite.  Jeff Jarrett beat D'Lo for the Euro title (the IC title was also on the line) at a PPV when Mark Henry turned on D'Lo.  Jarrett then gifted the European Title to Henry the next night on Raw. 

• Like 2

Varsity Club Mike Rotundo giving the Florida belt to Rick Steiner. 

North American champion Dick Slater gave the Mid South TV title to Buzz Sawyer and then Watts tricked Slater out of both belts.

Edited by odessasteps