DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2021 Discussion of Wrestling.

11 hours ago, John from Cincinnati said:

The people who work at the company that just had goo pouring out of Alexa Bliss live on PPV can mind their own business and get their own house in order, please and thank you.

10 hours ago, mystman said:

I'm not touching that with a ten foot pole.

200.gif

It's like a reflex by this point...

- RAF

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

While not announced by the WWE yet - Summerslam will take place on August 22 (PWInsider was the first with that)

Sports Illustrated says the plan is to have it in front of a live crowd and Meltzer says that they are considering holding it in MSG

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

While not announced by the WWE yet - Summerslam will take place on August 22 (PWInsider was the first with that)

Sports Illustrated says the plan is to have it in front of a live crowd and Meltzer says that they are considering holding it in MSG

I don't know when the last time I saw a WWE show in MSG...but their current set just doesn't look like it would belong there. I'd hope they tone down the set for a MSG show.

The Booker-T A&E doc was fine, pretty good, nothing ground breaking. That being said, the King Bookah run on Smackdown is legit one of my all time favourite runs of any wrestler in the history of ever (a hot take, perhaps?) so it brought back memories of that period and also reminded me of Harlem Heat shit talking into the corner cameras in WCW which was always bad fucking ass whenever they (or most other people) did it and that's definitely not a hot take. 

Hogan was an...interesting participant in the documentary, I guess. 

Edited by Fuzzy Dunlop
  • Like 7

2 hours ago, Wyld Samurai said:

I don't know when the last time I saw a WWE show in MSG...but their current set just doesn't look like it would belong there. I'd hope they tone down the set for a MSG show.

"Toning it down" is not something I typically expect from the WWE, so....

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Mark said:

"Toning it down" is not something I typically expect from the WWE, so....

I think the proper way to frame to for WWE would be "tone it down because it would maximize profits given the limited seating in an arena"

I watched the Booker doc just an hour or two ago. Yeah, it didn't say much, but Book is forthright about his past (what a sad deal with his mom) and it's a reminder of just how talented he was and is. From the Best-of-7 with Benoit he was one of the most solid and popular US workers in any federation: looked cool, had great music, could talk, cool offense, could do super face or arrogant heel, could do comedy, whatever you needed from him he had it for you. I didn't know about Austin getting injured but even that couldn't stop him. They brought up both Hog Wild and the verbal slip-up so nice that they didn't cut anything. 

1 minute ago, Web Conn said:

They didn't mention the Triple H feud nor the Wrestlemania Match.

Booker said in something I'd read earlier today regarding that. Along the lines that he didn't think it was a big enough or an important thing to showcase in his life and career.

1 minute ago, PetrolCB said:

Booker said in something I'd read earlier today regarding that. Along the lines that he didn't think it was a big enough or an important thing to showcase in his life and career.

He should have won that match. No TNA either but didn't he keep TNA out of one his books too?

13 minutes ago, Mister TV said:

Did that actually happen or was it a Scott Keith thing?

It happened.

6 hours ago, Wyld Samurai said:

I’ve been to the majority of the recent MSG shows and, nope, they use the standard set. It’s incredibly disappointing.

Then again, post renovation MSG looks the same as any other arena on the inside nowadays anyway.