DVDVR Message Board

RIP OSJ 1957-2021

Zimbra

2 hours ago, Ryan said:

I hope his wife is doing alright, considering everything.

I have been in contact with Kathy.  She sounds physically okay but I can tell it hasn't really sunk in yet.   She has my cell phone number and I have told her to call me whenever she needs to.

• Like 21

Man, this has hit harder than I thought. I don't tend to post here a lot (relative to some other places I post), but have lurked here for many years. What it has meant is that, outside of some names here and there, I don't really 'know' people or interact with anyone in any meaningful way.

However, OSJ was a guy who did, in several threads, go out of his way to respond to posts I made, help me out with recommendations, and even gave me some tips when it came to writing/publishing/etc. A genuinely lovely guy, it would seem.

RIP

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Despite liking this board in general, outside of a few very specific threads I don't post much. That being said, I loved reading OSJ's posts, he always came across as a very knowledgeable guy and knew how to put his thoughts into words. Even without having an established connection it seemed as if he was just really likeable. Sorry for the loss to everyone who was close to him and condolences and best wishes to his widow. 

• 2 weeks later...

When my wife and I lost our first baby at 19 weeks a couple years ago, Jon sent me a really heartfelt message about not letting life kick my ass. I didn't know it at the time, but his words were measured, wise, and well-timed. I'm just now seeing this, but I hope is at peace.

• Like 5