DVDVR Message Board

YOUR CURRENT TOP TEN MEN WRESTLERS for the end of April

DEAN

These are the top ten I've watched the last thirty days.  And YOUUUUU?

10.  Konosuke Takeshita-  I was hoping he was going to hang around Jacksonville for a while- and with the covid problems in Japan, he should have.  I'm stoked about him and Ueda wrestling Kitomiya and Inamura though.  Such a machine.

9. Aster Boy-  Has been in matches with Canis Lupis and Dragon Bane but will stick out in the match because he will totally die for your pleasure. He's more of a dare than a wrestler.

8. Matt Sydell-  He's had really good matches with his brother and alone, even on squash shows like Elevation.  I never appreciated how good he is before this run and it's been twenty years.

7.  Jun Akiyama-  Has really brought the old school hard edge to DDT and has also hit two Naked Exploiders in the last month.  That match was soooooo much better than it should have been.

6. Danny Limelight-  He's the male version of Zoey Stark.  He was perfectly fine in Championship Wrestling From Hollywood, but put him in a high profile match where he can push himself to his limits and he is awesome.  His matches against Takeshita on Elevation were eye-opening to say the least.

5. EL Hijo de Canis Lupis-  He is a great rudo and he holds most every match he is in together.  He can do no wrong!

4. Shotaro Oshino- I knew of him vaguely in Wrestle-1 and saw a match here and there in All Japan since W-1 folded but after watching Champion Carnival this year, he is so good.  Good, hard, basic wrestling.

3.  Shinjiro Ohtani-  Has been STELLAR in the Champion Carnival.  Grumpy old man offense is a new addition to has mainstay, his selling and facial expressions.

2.  Dragon Bane-  Continually developing into a top luchador in the seediest venues in Mexico.  Imagine Rey Fenix at 22.

1. Kento Miyahara- Prolly the best wrestler in the world.  Has had fucking GREAT matches in the Champion Carnival when everybody else has had some pretty pedestrian matches.  He makes every opponent look as deadly as they can look and has the fieriest comebacks.  Maybe he's the Japanese Bret Hart.

Whatcha got?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, The Natural said:

No WALTER, @DEAN?

Will have a think on my top ten.

Was that Ciampa match within the last thirty days?  Seems like a lifetime ago.  He would be 1b.

EDIT:  It was April 8th!  And boy did I spell Ciampa wrong.

• Haha 2

Much like the women my picks are mainly from AEW and WWE.  I am so behind on stuff outside of that and need to fix that ASAP.

Unlike the women I don't have rankings for most of the men.  I'm fine with them having a battle royal and eliminations determine placement.

Nick Comorroto

Big E

Daniel Bryan

Roman Reighs

Cesaro

Adam Page

Darby Allin

Fenix-For somebody featured on a mainstream company I feel fortunate to see him wrestle.  When he's on he's like no other.

Powerhouse Hobbs-Exactly how a green big man should be and it's scary just how much he gets things already.  That snarl into the camera is a highlight for me.

But while they're all batting it out my number one is WALTER.  I haven't seen him in awhile and was really impressed by the selling and all the in-between stuff he was doing.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, DEAN said:

Was that Ciampa match within the last thirty days?  Seems like a lifetime ago.  He would be 1b.

EDIT:  It was April 8th!  And boy did I spell Ciampa wrong.

Yeah, this month and year has gone quick.

Wish I spotted how you spelled Ciampa before the edit. I have difficulty spelling his first name which is why I stick with the surname.

• Like 1

Five for now.

5. Cesaro. Scandal that he hasn't won a world title in WWE when he should be on a couple by now.

4. Roman Reigns. Run of his career as the Tribal Chief and The Head of the Table. @DEAN, Bryan vs. Reigns on Smackdown this Friday!

3. Darby Allin. TNT Championship matches week by week, a key feature of Dynamite.

2. Daniel Bryan. The GOAT.

1. WALTER: One match and made it count vs. Ciampa. The best match of WrestleMania week. Please give me WALTER vs. Daniel Bryan.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Yeah, this month and year has gone quick.

Wish I spotted how you spelled Ciampa before the edit. I have difficulty spelling his first name which is why I stick with the surname.

Chiappa. ?

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, The Natural said:

Five for now.

5. Cesaro. Scandal that he hasn't won a world title in WWE when he should be on a couple by now.

4. Roman Reigns. Run of his career as the Tribal Chief and The Head of the Table. @DEAN, Bryan vs. Reigns on Smackdown this Friday!

3. Darby Allin. TNT Championship matches week by week, a key feature of Dynamite.

2. Daniel Bryan. The GOAT.

1. WALTER: One match and made it count vs. Ciampa. The best match of WrestleMania week. Please give me WALTER vs. Daniel Bryan.

Walter had two matches in April (technically two in two days, but one was on NXT-UK and therefore taped ages ago probably). But yeah, he wrestled Ciampa on the Wednesday on NXT, and then wrestled Rampage Brown on Thursday on NXT-UK.

• Like 2

My current, past-30-days #1 is my old friend Zay-Oos:

296265_10150404305890358_834693072_n.jpg

Darby is 1b

Haven't seen any WALTER this month but I have no issue believing that he belongs in the conversation.

I've been too busy to watch much outside of Dynamite and a handful of matches that got posted here, but Comoroto, JD Drake, Bear Country, Miyahra, Fénix, and Hobbs round out my top 10.

Edited by El Gran Gordi
  • Like 2

Update after Roman Reigns vs. Daniel Bryan, Smackdown Live on the last day of the month:

5. Cesaro. Scandal that he hasn't won a world title in WWE when he should be on a couple by now.

4. WALTER: The best match of WrestleMania week vs. Ciampa. Please give me WALTER vs. Daniel Bryan.

3. Darby Allin. TNT Championship matches week by week, a key feature of Dynamite. Allin has a unique look and aura about him.

2. Roman Reigns. Run of his career as the Tribal Chief and The Head of the Table. His match with Daniel Bryan on Smackdown Live was their best one together. Finally debuted new music worth waiting for.

1. Daniel Bryan. The GOAT. Reigns vs. Bryan is now my WWE MOTY. Now banished from Smackdown Live after been there ever since the 2016 brand split was brought back. Bryan goes to RAW (poor Bryan!)? NXT? NXT UK? Part-time? AEW?

• Like 1