DVDVR Message Board

SDL is Top Tier Losers - 4/23/2021

Daniel Bryan either wins the WWE Universal Championship or is banished from Smackdown. The latter is just as big a Mr Motivator (reference for the UK posters here) because RAW is fucking purgatory. I can see someone switching RAW with WWE so I'll beat you to it ?. There's also AEW...

Edited by The Natural

If I had my way Daniel Bryan wins the WWE Universal Championship match and that's how Cesaro gets the title shot. Instead it will be Roman Reigns retaining and Cesaro wanting to avenge DB. Since the WWE Brand split was brought back in 2016, Bryan's one of the few to have stayed on the same show, Smackdown Live.

Edited by The Natural

Kind of surprised they are going with Bianca vs. Bayley straight up instead of a triple threat with Sasha.

Bryan/Cesaro vs. Seth/Jey was good. I assume the match with Roman next week is the start of Bryan on his way out.

• Like 1

I don't think this is gonna happen at all but going

Bryan beating Reigns who then drops it to Cesaro who then Reigns is finally forced to wrestle to get his title back works just fine with me

• Like 2

Have they not learned anything from previous attempts to get Black over?  They already tried "spooky, vaguely sinister" and it failed.  So, of course, they go back to the well with another overwrought segment that mostly made Black seem pretentious.  

If this doesn't end with Black petting a cat while he explains his way-too-complicated plan for world domination to James Bond, I'll be disappointed.  Can we at least get a cinematic match between Black and Kevin Owens where Black picks up the pin after an orbiting space station zaps Owens with a laser? 

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I don't think this is gonna happen at all but going

Bryan beating Reigns who then drops it to Cesaro who then Reigns is finally forced to wrestle to get his title back works just fine with me

11 hours ago, The Natural said:

If I had my way Daniel Bryan wins the WWE Universal Championship match and that's how Cesaro gets the title shot. Instead it will be Roman Reigns retaining and Cesaro wanting to avenge DB. Since the WWE Brand split was brought back in 2016, Bryan's one of the few to have stayed on the same show, Smackdown Live.

We're thinking on the same lines. Great minds as the saying goes.

Honestly, whether or not Black's new gimmick will work is going to depend purely on if they actually do shit with him. Him not doing much shit beyond the dark room promos is why he failed the last time with this kind of gimmick. He needs actual feuds and to be successful.

4 hours ago, Sex Machine Gun said:

I really hope Vince gets tired of that dancing next week or earlier. Sami's in dangerous territory here. Once Vince has you dancing you're done.

Vince is the guy who actually told Sami to ramp up the obnoxiousness when he first turn heel in WWE. I don't see him telling him to tone it down.

Obnoxious is one thing, that's just heeling. It's the dancing, man. They hung on him doing that for so fucking long last night. Then the backstage person says "I can't get enough of that" or some shit. It'll be how they try and turn him face. If that happens, a year from now we'll be seeing "Sami Zayn wants release" stories as the smarks all spooge over the idea of him going to AEW or Japan.

I was kind of wondering why Apollo's ginormous bodyguard just stands around while Apollo gets his ass beat.  He did manage to distract Owens so Apollo could roll him up for the finish, but he's standing around way too much when he should be doing something to physically intimidate opponents to give Apollo time to recover and such. It doesn't help that the white pants with red stripe look like they came from my high school band uniform.

I really dug Owens heel runs on SD, but he's become a channel-changer since this last babyface turn.  Just not doing anything that interests me and the stunner doesn't seem to fit him for a finisher.