DVDVR Message Board

AEW Dynamite - 4/21/2021

Another awesome 2 hours. Very few quibbles...I'd say the one thing that stood out to me was that awful Jericho promo. Other then that, everything was good to great. Will be interesting to see week 2 unopposed does ratings wise.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Best enemies turned better friends in Jon Moxley and Eddie Kingston. Put the AEW World Tag Team Championship on them and then Eddie Kingston wins the AEW World Championship. That has to happen.

EziWuEMXMAI_xV6?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 1

Man, never forget the homie Cash Wheeler giving that piece of shit who bumrushed Bret at the HoF a dope sucker punch and then walked away casually like a heel who just did something wrong (this was not one of those times, my dude).

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Jiji said:

Man, never forget the homie Cash Wheeler giving that piece of shit who bumrushed Bret at the HoF a dope sucker punch and then walked away casually like a heel who just did something wrong (this was not one of those times, my dude).

I'll always remember and be thankful for it. When I read what happened, I was sickened. Good on those who jumped on to help (Davey Boy Smith Jr, Travis Browne, Shane McMahon and Drake Maverick). Bonus to Cash Wheeler for dropping the cunt with a big uppercut. Do you remember the promo at WrestleMania XXXV with Scott Dawson saying Dash Wheeler has knockout power?

• Like 1

I don't remember anything from WWE after WM30 other than shit like that Texas wrestlemania that was the worst show of all time. Oh and Bryan losing to Roman at Fastlane and giving him the ol' seal of approval afterwards. 

Edited by Jiji
  • Like 1

As much as I enjoy Kingston and Moxley together, that segment was hot garbage imo. I think the whole thing of five guys running (teleporting?) away from two is ridiculous. If they're not going to have Moxley either go away for a while or win back the title, then he should go on to something else. And if they're going to have him and Kingston go after the Bucks, then let them have them get a few tag matches to earn a shot.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jiji said:

I don't remember anything from WWE after WM30 other than shit like that Texas wrestlemania that was the worst show of all time. Oh and Bryan losing to Roman at Fastlane and giving him the ol' seal of approval afterwards. 

That show was pretty bad but really it might not even be in the top 10 of worst Manias as many of the pre WM X7 shows were really bad (Manias IV and IX in particular).

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Jiji said:

4 minutes ago, sabremike said:

That show was pretty bad but really it might not even be in the top 10 of worst Manias as many of the pre WM X7 shows were really bad (Manias IV and IX in particular).

2 minutes ago, Jiji said:

That Reigns/HHH match was water torture. It never ended. I was so hyped for Brock vs. Ambrose. ?

Only redeeming thing from WrestleMania XXXII was the triple threat to crown a new WWE Women's Champion between Charlotte/Sasha Banks/Becky Lynch which Charlotte stupidly won and Zack Ryder winning the WWE Intercontinental Championship. That's it. Show sucked.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Only redeeming thing from WrestleMania XXXII was the triple threat to crown a new WWE Women's Champion between Charlotte/Sasha Banks/Becky Lynch which Charlotte stupidly won and Zack Ryder winning the WWE Intercontinental Championship. That's it. Show sucked.

It was the only Mania since X7 I didn't watch live, went to this instead:

https://www.hockey-reference.com/boxscores/201604020PHI.html

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Jiji said:

That Reigns/HHH match was water torture. It never ended. I was so hyped for Brock vs. Ambrose. ?

It was kind of a death knell for my last attempt at real WWE fandom. Reigns had owned for a while leading into that and then it just went down like a lead balloon.

So Double or Nothing 3:

Young Bucks vs. Jon Moxley/Eddie Kingston for the AEW World Tag Team Championship.

Hikaru Shida vs. Dr. Britt Baker as Baker will end Shida's year long reign as AEW World Women's Champion. First champion in AEW history to have a year long reign.

Will Kenny Omega defend his AEW World Championship or God forbid a six man tag with the Good Brothers? Omega/Good Brothers vs. Death Triangle?

Just looked, it's a Sunday PPV. Fuck.

Edited by The Natural

3 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Hikaru Shida vs. Dr. Britt Baker as Baker will end Shida's year long reign as AEW World Women's Champion. First champion in AEW history to have a year long reign.

WE'RE JUST GETTING STARTED. Britt will win it at All Out as an out-and-out babyface. 

5 minutes ago, Jiji said:

WE'RE JUST GETTING STARTED. Britt will win it at All Out as an out-and-out babyface. 

We'll soon see whether Dr. Britt Baker wins the AEW World Women's Championship from Hikaru Shida at Double or Nothing 2021 or All Out.

Edited by The Natural
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ChesterCopperpot said:

The Blood and Guts match going the full 2 hours then on the 5th?

Thinking build up promos/video packages, more so if the cages aren't up to do so. WarGames, the Match Beyond follows.

Edited by The Natural

13 minutes ago, ChesterCopperpot said:

The Blood and Guts match going the full 2 hours then on the 5th?

When he said one match show, I just took it as a turn of phrase. Did... he mean it literally? I can’t imagine that being the case, but a lot of people are taking it that way. 

Edited by John from Cincinnati

That was a good show last night. I still dont get the point of The Factory vs. Nightmare Family (has to be all for the Cody reality show), but aside from that it was good.

Tay vs. Shida would have been a great PPV match. I thought for sure Tay was winning. But all this to build up Brit as the eventual champion should be fun. 

I guess we're getting Mox/Kingston vs. The Bucks. That should be a fun match

Darby vs. Jungleboy was good too. Thought for sure Darby was losing especially after Sting and Luchasarus brawled to the back. It's 2021 and Sting was brawling with Luchasarus. Darby takes some scary looking spots and moves though. 

• Like 2

The lack of tag matches helped the show for me. Too goddamn many lately and they tend to make my brain explode since everyone tries to cram as much into them as possible. Instead of getting frustrated at a lack of honoring tag rules I instead got to be frustrated by inconsistent 10-counts and that the letters "D" and "Q" may never be joined in the reality of AEW.

Holy crap was that Jericho stuff bad. I never liked his superface WWF character of 2000-1 and I'm hearing it again.

Glad Cody's still off TV. I'm sure it's for some extraneous reason but they're accidentally making the story better for later. I say "accidentally" because under normal circumstances with this company he would have been back last week.

It's a shame that we had to have a all-face main event in order to see some actual wrestling instead of just strikes and moves. I've been watching too much old stuff lately maybe, but the only hold you see in some matches is a submission finisher if at all. That TNT Championship match felt like a different animal and kept the crazy shit down to a dull roar even though there was that one spot where both guys seemed to splat over the rail. 

EDIT: Does Luchasaurus possess the only balls in AEW? Everyone else runs away the moment Sting even looks at them. Is it the bat which everyone hallucinates to be a lit explosive?

Edited by Sex Machine Gun
  • Like 4