DVDVR Message Board

Raw Needs More SLAPJACK~! -- 04/19/2021

Sex Machine Gun

14 hours ago, Sex Machine Gun said:

I know live comments on shows is verboten around here but this isn't really revealing of the show's contents and I didn't want to forget this two hours from now (plus a lack of interest has kept this from even being pinned):

Who else fills the role of veteran in WWE better than Randy Orton? I sat for a minute thinking of how long different people had been around and realized Orton is, for practical purposes, the WWE stalwart who is perfect to put people over for the next three years.

Why doesn't he *feel* like that?

He actually does feel like that, according to his Broken Skull Sessions.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, JonnyLaw said:

He actually does feel like that, according to his Broken Skull Sessions.

Cool! I'm all about a period for Orton like late Cena where he shows us all what he could have done were he allowed and puts on awesome matches while ultimately doing the job. The Fiend story really should be the last massive one that he wins.

15 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Both Meltzer and Alvarez are convinced that Orton hurt his shoulder... again... but don't have any sort of official confirmation of that. (They were just going by what happened in the match with Riddle)

It very much looked like he hurt his shoulder, but it is hard to tell if he just grinded his way through an injury or decided to play it up since he visibly jammed it hard and reacted on that powerslam spot.

For a moment, let's set aside the scummyness that Riddle has been accused of. If Matt Riddle in...fuck...whatever year it was that he signed with NXT and he's told he won't be the King of Bros, his merch will be pretty shitty, and he'll get called up to the main roster BUT his character will be that of a complete idiot that rides around on a Razor scooter, does he still sign?

16 minutes ago, Craig H said:

For a moment, let's set aside the scummyness that Riddle has been accused of. If Matt Riddle in...fuck...whatever year it was that he signed with NXT and he's told he won't be the King of Bros, his merch will be pretty shitty, and he'll get called up to the main roster BUT his character will be that of a complete idiot that rides around on a Razor scooter, does he still sign?

He's got a steady job doing what he loves (during a worldwide pandemic) that probably pays 50x what he made on the indies. He gets to work with world class trainers, world class athletes, and basically every legend in the industry.  Additionally, he gets to be on television every week where he's seen by millions of people around the planet.  

What do you think. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

He's got a steady job doing what he loves (during a worldwide pandemic) that probably pays 50x what he made on the indies. He gets to work with world class trainers, world class athletes, and basically every legend in the industry.  Additionally, he gets to be on television every week by millions of people around the planet.  

What do you think. 

At the same time, he has to reduce himself to being a clown on a weekly basis and even if WWE could pay him a ton, he was still deciding between NJPW and WWE. NJPW wasn't going to pay him more than WWE, but it was still an option he was leaning towards. Plus, the scenario I described was back when he signed when there wasn't a pandemic.

2 hours ago, Craig H said:

At the same time, he has to reduce himself to being a clown on a weekly basis and even if WWE could pay him a ton, he was still deciding between NJPW and WWE. NJPW wasn't going to pay him more than WWE, but it was still an option he was leaning towards. Plus, the scenario I described was back when he signed when there wasn't a pandemic.

Was NJPW a realistic option? Like even if he got in, how long would have managed to stay with how Japan feels about weed?

As I've said recently, there's a percentage of the fan base who don't think of this as a job and not the fulfillment of some childhood dream. It's like the mentality of sports fans who criticize "greedy athletes" for asking for more money for "playing a kids game for a living" and they would do it for free. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, DreamBroken said:

My favorite part of Raw is now Riddle's scooter. The way he rolled up on this was hilarious 

I kept getting distracted by that sign about protecting all penetrations.

• Haha 1

While this particular episode won't air in Finland for another week or so, I just wanted to point out that both RAW and SD! are edited down to 1h with commercials over here. At least as far as RAW is concerned, this should be a wonderful thing, right? I mean, if the editing was done properly.

• Like 2