DVDVR Message Board

Raw Needs More SLAPJACK~! -- 04/19/2021

Sex Machine Gun

Via SBNation:

Drew McIntyre has earned a rematch against WWE champion Bobby Lashley. But before that match can happen, McIntyre might have to fend off the remnants of RETRIBUTION.

Last week’s Raw ended with the cliffhanger (I guess?) of T-BAR and MACE ambushing McIntyre in the ring, with MVP watching on from the entrance ramp. WWE is hoping that’s the kind of compelling hook that will get you to tune in tonight to see if The Hurt Business is adding some new members.

If MVP and Lashley truly have good business instincts, they won’t taint their brand with the stench of RETRIBUTION. It’s nothing personal against T-BAR and MACE, but until they ditch those stupid masks and come up with better names, they are doomed to fail. Or maybe doomed to eat some Claymore kicks over the next few weeks, at the very least.

They said some other crap too but meh. There was conjecture about Sheamus appearing (finally) and an AJ/Omos championship celebration.

Surely some Alexa Bliss bullshit.

I'm just sad now, I gotta stop opening WWE show threads.

Can't believe I've gone a month without any bit of Raw.  I figured even at their worst I'd skip around for something good.  Now I just can't even care to do that and it's likely due to them splitting up Hurt Business.

Note:  I'm not WWE bashing as I watch most of Smackdown and some of NXT.  Both of them have good/great stuff going on.  But I just can't bother with Raw and it kind of bums me out.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Can't believe I've gone a month without any bit of Raw.  I figured even at their worst I'd skip around for something good.  Now I just can't even care to do that and it's likely due to them splitting up Hurt Business.

Note:  I'm not WWE bashing as I watch most of Smackdown and some of NXT.  Both of them have good/great stuff going on.  But I just can't bother with Raw and it kind of bums me out.

I think you being the only person replying to the start of the thread less than thirty minutes out speaks to everything you're feeling. Raw would be so much more interesting with a Hurt Business that has the World and Tag straps, rather than just the World and boring, non-Slapjack members of Retribution.

Edited by Sex Machine Gun
  • Like 2

I know live comments on shows is verboten around here but this isn't really revealing of the show's contents and I didn't want to forget this two hours from now (plus a lack of interest has kept this from even being pinned):

Who else fills the role of veteran in WWE better than Randy Orton? I sat for a minute thinking of how long different people had been around and realized Orton is, for practical purposes, the WWE stalwart who is perfect to put people over for the next three years.

Why doesn't he *feel* like that?

Edited by Sex Machine Gun

2 hours ago, Sex Machine Gun said:

I think you being the only person replying to the start of the thread less than thirty minutes out speaks to everything you're feeling. 

I mean there usually isn't much to say before the show has happened. 

21 minutes ago, Eivion said:

I mean there usually isn't much to say before the show has happened. 

Say that and then look at responses before Dynamite on the day of. This isn't bitching about a thing I did not getting traction, it's an indictment of how poor this program has become.

Yeah, I know show threads get locked. That's why I'm registering surprise at how little anyone even notices. This is supposed to be the flagship program of the biggest promotion in North America and no one can be bothered to care. How bad is that? 

Not like you'd have a reason had you watched the show tonight. 

• Like 1

I watched the whole show.  I'm sure a lot of people did too. 

My thoughts are that T-Bar and Mace have lost their masks.  This is a good thing.  

Charlotte Flair is kicking referees.  That's probably a bad thing.  

Please don't make me have to start enforcing the no comments during the show rule.  God damn it. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I try and watch Smackdown/NXT. I pick pieces from RAW. Read Shelton and Cedric lost again. Bullshit breaking up the Hurt Business.

19 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I watched the whole show.  I'm sure a lot of people did too. 

My thoughts are that T-Bar and Mace have lost their masks.  This is a good thing.  

Charlotte Flair is kicking referees.  That's probably a bad thing.  

Please don't make me have to start enforcing the no comments during the show rule.  God damn it. 

On the last point, that's one of my favourite things on the board. With the time difference between our two countries, if I don't watch live, there'd be a much bigger thread to go through with live reactions as things happen than without. This is the only board that does that. Cheers.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

Paid little attention to Drew vs. T-Bar & Mace and the subsequent tag with Strowman. it was good to see them finally lose their masks so that is progress I guess.

Naomi/Lana vs. Shayna/Nia was okish until it turned into more of a segment to continue pushing the feud with Mandy and Dana. I just hope they aren't just teasing a Nia/Shayna break up and actually go with it. Its a waste of Shayna and the titles at this point to keep it going.

Charlotte/Asuka was good. They did some different stuff from their norm together so it felt more fresh than it would have otherwise. Kind of surprised Charlotte lost. The attack on the ref post match was something. Not really sure what to think of it.

The lack of AJ and Omos was disappointing.

1 hour ago, Sex Machine Gun said:

Say that and then look at responses before Dynamite on the day of. This isn't bitching about a thing I did not getting traction, it's an indictment of how poor this program has become.

Dynamite also announces a full card before the show beyond one or two matches and is what most of the board here is particularly interested in general right now. Not saying Raw isn't bad (it is), but I also feel you argument is slightly off as to a lack of comments before the show being an indictment of how bad it is right now. We see the same for NXT and Smackdown, and both are solid-good shows generally speaking.

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Paid little attention to Drew vs. T-Bar & Mace and the subsequent tag with Strowman. it was good to see them finally lose their masks so that is progress I guess.

Naomi/Lana vs. Shayna/Nia was okish until it turned into more of a segment to continue pushing the feud with Mandy and Dana. I just hope they aren't just teasing a Nia/Shayna break up and actually go with it. Its a waste of Shayna and the tittles at this point to keep it going.

Charlotte/Asuka was good. They did some different stuff from their norm together so it felt more fresh than it would have otherwise. Kind of surprised Charlotte lost. The attack on the ref post match was something. Not really sure what to think of it.

The lack of AJ and Omos was disappointing.

I briefly read that as titties. Dean Ambrose approved. Doing so means I'm going to try and get back to sleep.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

I thought Charlotte/Asuka was real good, though I think I see where this is going -- Asuka is probably gonna get pushed out in a three-way situation. Hopefully I'm wrong. 

Did Charlotte get a breast reduction? I am really not comfortable asking this and feel like a total creep but there it is. 

The only other thing I noticed from this show was the Retribution boys THANK GOD losing their masks. Maybe now they will be treated right? ...

4 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Did Charlotte get a breast reduction? I am really not comfortable asking this and feel like a total creep but there it is. 

The reason she was out for so long last year was because the ones she had before were damaged and slowly poisoning her if I recall correctly. She got them fixed and reduced.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

I thought Charlotte/Asuka was real good, though I think I see where this is going -- Asuka is probably gonna get pushed out in a three-way situation. Hopefully I'm wrong. 

The only other thing I noticed from this show was the Retribution boys THANK GOD losing their masks. Maybe now they will be treated right? ...

Wasnt she away due to having a problem with her implants? Or was that a different injury? 

I kinda watched this show after the fact since I was watching the NCAA volleyball tournament since I have pool going on with some friends. I could have skipped it.

Not to be a creep (yeah calm down Ramo-netico) but did Charlotte have a wardrobe malfunction when she was in the Auska lock?

Both Meltzer and Alvarez are convinced that Orton hurt his shoulder... again... but don't have any sort of official confirmation of that. (They were just going by what happened in the match with Riddle)